12

Ant

I looked at my mother in utter shock that she would come here. I made sure to ignore their texts so how in the hell she get here with the rest of the family? Man if Mir was here he would've helped me with this. I can't count on dad or uncle because they're both equally useless.

I know that's mean but it's the truth. The weight of the whole family is on my shoulders. "Baby you're okay?" Jayde asked gently.

I forgot she was even in the car with me. I looked at her, and she could clearly see i was stressed the fuck out. I got out the car not answering her question.

As I walked closer to my mom, I turned around and signaled for Zalia to remain in the car.

"Mom, what is it now?" I sighed feeling  frustrated.

"can't we spend Christmas together? It's been a long ride from the airport. Open the gate let's get some rest." She demanded.

"it's not my house. If Auntie doesn't want you here you'll have to leave. How did you get here anyway? " I asked.

"we booked on our own because you couldn't do it. " she said with a lot of attitude. To avoid the drama, I looked at my dad and uncle who have been quiet this whole time. See why i would never respect them? They're controlled by them!

"I'll go with you to the hotel, you can't sleep here." I said. My mother was the first one to storm to my car. I sighed when she opened the front door and saw Jayde.

"You're still sitting? Just get out of my son's car!" she shouted

I quickly walked to the car, I could see Jayde was not pleased but she got out the car.  My mom pulled her down when she got out. I shook my head starting to have a headache from all this unnecessary shit. "ma!"

Mom glared at me and fixed her long skirt closing the door. Then the others also got in the car. "can I leave you with my aunt and sister for a little while? I promise I'll be back."

"I don't know, Anthony. Maybe I could catch an Uber home" she said sadly hurt by my mother's actions.

"baby, I promise I'll be back. I'm just going to book them a hotel then come back." I told her.

"I can't sleep over here" she said. "And it's getting late."

"why not?" I asked confused.

She blushed. " it's disrespectful to your aunt."

"Yas is cool." I shrugged.

"They're identical twins right?" She asked about my mom and Yas

"yes. I'm surprised you weren't shocked." I said. For some reason everyone wants to be excited when they see identical twins

"I have cousins who are identical twins so it's not really shocking when I see identical twins." She said.

I glanced at my impatient family and sighed. "let me go quickly. I promise I'll be back quickly okay?"

She nodded and I accompanied her to Yas' car. "I don't want them here." Yas said.

"I'm taking them to a hotel." I told her.

She nodded. "what are they even doing here?"

"we were supposed to have dinner together but I ignored their calls so they came here" I shrugged

"why didn't you tell us anything?" She rolled her eyes