Chapter Three

Dumbledore walked out onto the stage. The students fell quiet. Dumbledore walked to the middle and stood behind the podium.

"Hello students! Welcome to your first year at Hogwarts! I hope you love it here! I'd like to say a few words before I dismiss you to ask the other Professors——Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, Professor Flitwick, or Professor Sprout——for your dorm rooms and roommates. They will also give you your schedules and a map to guide your way to your classes. You may unpack and look around campus and at dinner, we will meet at the Great Hall for a feast. I hope you have a great first day! You are dismissed!"

There was a rushing wind as tons of students got out of their chairs to go check who they become roommates with.

Being in the front had its perk. You not only had room to put your suitcases in front of you, but you could rush quickly to the Professors to ask for your room.

"Professor McGonagall, what room am I in?"

"Professor Snape, what room am I in?"

"Professor Sprout——"

"Professor Flitwick——"

"Form a line." Professor McGonagall called out above all the noise. All the students got into lines in front of the four Professors.

Harper was first.

"Harper Dumbledore." she stated.

"Room 20, Gryffindor building."

"Hermione Granger."

"Room 20, Gryffindor building."

Harper smiled. "I'm Harper." She stuck her hand out.

"Hermione." She shook it.

"What room did you get, Kasumi?" Harper asked Kasumi, who came back from Professor Snape.

"Room 23, Slytherin building." Kasumi said, slipping her key into her pocket.

"Do you know who your roommate is?"

"No." Kasumi said. She looked at Hermione.

"Hello. I'm Hermione." Hermione smiled.

"Hi. Name's Kasumi." Kasumi sighed. "I'm going to the dormitory. I'll see you...?"

"Meet at the library."

"Got it."

Kasumi got her suitcases and left the auditorium. She, along with other first years, walked down the corridors to a large lounge area. There were couches and desks and bean bags and small television sets.

There were entrances to the four buildings in the lounge. She went through to the Slytherin building and arrived in another lounge, which was smaller. Going through another hallway, she reached a corridor with the rooms.

She passed by many before reaching room twenty-three. She unlocked it and walked in. Since her roommate wasn't there yet, Kasumi chose the bed on the left. She set her suitcases near the corner and looked around. The place was bare.

The beds were parallel and were pushed to the opposite walls. A big window was between them, above two bedside drawers. The window had a big white curtain. At the end of the beds are shelves to put their textbooks and other things. The bottom part of the shelves were drawers for their clothes. There were desks to do their homework. The bathroom was on the right side.

She sat on the mattress and stared out of the window. Then, she heard a noise. She turned towards the door and she couldn't believe her eyes.

It was Draco Malfoy.