Chapter Two

The next week had gone okay. Nothing too terrible happened. It had become September first. The first day of school.

Kasumi woke up at five in the morning. She showered and got dressed. She applied more makeup on her face and legs and arms and decided to bring some of it with her. She already packed her suitcases with her clothes and books and other supplies.

She made herself breakfast. She was too lazy to make anything special, so she grabbed a bowl and poured milk and cereal in. She ate in silence.

It was peaceful, the silence. No screaming or hitting. Her mother wasn't calling her a disgrace or an outcast. Her sister wasn't insulting her clothes or appearance. Her father wasn't comparing her to her sister.

She washed her bowl and spoon and put it away when she saw a note on the floor. She picked it up and scanned over it. It wasn't handwriting she knew. She read it:

Thanks for letting me stay the night, Hades! I'll make sure no one knows.

Love you!

-Maria

Who was Maria? Kasumi didn't really have an idea, but she already knew what was going on. Her father was cheating on Mother.

She had remembered one night when her Mother and Misaki were away. Mother was working late and Misaki was staying at a friends house.

Father had forced Kasumi up in her room for the entire day with nothing to eat. That night, Kasumi snuck out of her room quietly and was about to go downstairs when she saw Father with another woman. She was holding a glass of wine and she was laughing.

Suddenly, Father's lips were on the woman's and that's when Kasumi looked away. She went back to her room and closed the door quietly.

That was when Kasumi noticed how truly awful her family actually was.

Kasumi stared at the note, thinking about what to do with it. She folded it and slipped it into her pocket.

She stared at the clock and realized it was time for the bus to arrive. She grabbed her things and went out through the front door.

She closed the door and went down the steps to the stone path. The front courtyard was huge, but they did own acres and acres of land, including the forest in the back. They never explored most of the land, but Kasumi did. The forest was her favorite part about the Mizuchi Estate. There was a small lake deep in the forest and many creatures of all sizes.

Walking down the stone path, the cherry blossom trees lined up with it. She walked to the iron gates and pushed them open enough to get her and her things through.

She waited for the bus for a minute when it arrived. Students were gawking through the windows at the Mizuchi Estate. The bus doors opened and Kasumi went through with her things.

"Kasumi! Over here!" Harper yelled from the back. Kasumi walked over and sat next to Harper, her things by her feet.

The bus was small, but it was only one of the many that picked up children and teenagers who attended Hogwarts.

"This is your house?"

"You're a Mizuchi?"

"You're so rich!"

People were asking Kasumi. Kasumi ignored them.

"You're attending Hogwarts?" A familiar voice said.

Kasumi looked up. Sitting in front of her on the other side was Max and the other parkourists. Max was sitting at the window with Benj; Daniel sat with Sacha; and Calvin sat with David.