Chapter Seven

"Kasumi!" Max had showed up at her dorm the next day. "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you or anything, right?"

"I'm fine, Max." Kasumi said.

He grabbed her shoulders. "Are you sure? No bruising or anything?"

"Well, just my wrist from when he dragged me, but——"

"Let's go see Pomfrey then?" Max suggested.

"I think I'm fine, Max." Kasumi tried to relieve his stress.

"Okay... Okay..." Max took a deep breath. "I was stressed when I heard what happened..."

He embraced her in a hug.

"I'm really glad you're alright."

Kasumi blushed. She hesitantly hugged him back. When they let go, Max held her face.

"Tell me if anything bad ever happens, okay?"

"O—Okay..."

He smiled. "I have to go to detention with Snape so I guess I'll see you at lunch."

He let go of her face and waved goodbye before walking down the corridor.

Kasumi felt her face get warm.

"See? You are dating him." A voice said from behind her.

"Shove off, Malfoy." Kasumi hissed.

Malfoy rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Kasumi left the room and went to the Great Hall for breakfast. It was a Saturday and mostly everyone was still in their pajamas, not willing to change. Kasumi was not one of those people.

She changed into black leggings and a burgundy sweater which said, 'Sorry I'm Awkward. Sorry.'

Entering the Great Hall, everyone stared at her. How could you not? She was the reason why they were all in danger. She was the reason why there was a suspicious man. Why there was a lockdown. The reason there was a lockdown, was because the suspicious man wanted her.

Yeah. Wanted me dead. Kasumi thought.

She grabbed a plate of food and sat down at the Slytherin table. She picked up the spoon but dropped it immediately. Her wrist was aching with pain all of a sudden.

"Kasumi, are you all right?" Sacha asked.

"I'm fine." Kasumi said. "I'll eat first and then I'll go to Pomfrey to get my wrist checked out."

"Uh... I think you should get it checked now..."

"I think I want to eat now." She snapped back at him. She closed her eyes and sighed. "Sorry... just not in the mood...?"

"Yeah, I kinda got that." Sacha squeaked.

"You're still here?" said a high pitched voice. Kasumi looked up to see Pansy staring at her with disgust.

"Hm?"

"You should've gone with your Uncle," she sneered. "We wouldn't have to see you today... or ever."

Kasumi looked back at her food. "You know, I did try to go with him. I was going to try to keep people like you safe, but your friend——Malfoy——"

"What about Draco?" she snarled.

"You'll be surprised." Kasumi stared at the clean knife on her napkin. Her hand edged over to it. "He decided to save me."

"You're joking..." Sacha and Benj looked at her. So did the rest of the group.

"You——you lie!" Pansy shrieked. "Draco would never save you! He would rather have you die!"