Chapter 4: The Alliance and The Ambush.

It was no surprise that the other members of the PAW Patrol were a little shocked with Ryder allowing Sweetie to enter the Mission PAW Cruiser willingly. Some, like Rubble, were thinking she had finally turned over a new leaf. Others, like Skye, were thinking that the Westie Terrier had tricked their leader into letting her in so she could botch the whole operation. Regardless, Ryder reassured the pups that he was going to make sure Sweetie wouldn't do anything suspicious. Right now, Sweetie was tinkering with both Rocky's pup-pack and Bubsy; she found an way to stick her "companion" in the pup-pack, overriding the system.

"So what's this toy gonna do?" Rocky asked.

"Before, all your radar was doing was looking above ground," Sweetie said. She then nudged Bubsy a little, which somehow changed the radar.

"With Bubsy on your pack, it's now telling the radar to look under the ground," she said.

Sure enough, she was right. Rocky took a look at his radar and saw that his results were a lot different than before. He could now see that all of the plants were somehow connected, and they were all leading to one spot.

"Wow!" the mixed breed commented. "I'm starting to get clues on where these weeds are coming from! I'd better go follow them right away." He then rushed out of the Mission PAW Cruiser, eager to see where his new clues would lead him.

Needless to say the rest of the pups and Ryder were all impressed with Sweetie's performance. Chase was the first to break the silence.

"That... actually helped," he started. "Thanks, I guess."

"Barkingburg is in a dire situation," the Westie Terrier responded. "That I see now. If this kingdom is gonna be ruled over, it needs to remain intact. I want to keep it safe - and by any means possible."

"So you want to stop trying to rule over the kingdom and help save it?" Chase asked.

"For the time being," she replied. The German Shepherd's doubts on the Westie Terrier were beginning to disappear.

"But man, Sweetie, that was cool!" Zuma said.

"How did you do that to Rocky's radar?" Everest asked.

"Well don't thank me," Sweetie said. "Thank Busby."

Ryder was pretty impressed with Sweetie's work. At first he was starting to doubt if Sweetie was going to be any help, but the way she tinkered with Rocky's radar made the young boy realize that this pup was willing to defend her home by any means necessary.

"Well I think that settles it," Ryder began. "Sweetie here wants to protect her home land no matter what. And if she wants to help us save it, she can."

"If you pups would have me, of course," Sweetie said.

Chase then approached the Westie Terrier. "Alright Sweetie, if you want to help us get rid of these plants, you can."

"I know we have had our differences in the past," Sweetie replied. "But I propose a momentary truce until this issue is resolved." She then held out per paw, and Chase shook it. The other pups, knowing their leader had gained her trust, knew for a fact that Sweetie was going to help. They all howled in delight, excited that they had a new team member.