Chapter 12: A New Member.

It took about two months, but Sweetie had finally recovered enough to be out of the hospital. Her broken bones had healed, and she was able to walk and run like normal. Naturally, everyone was happy and they all explained to Sweetie what happened. Because the castle was under repairs, as well as the rest of Barkingburg, because of the large plants, Ryder brought the princess and Earl to Adventure Bay to stay in a nearby hotel until the damages were fixed. Meanwhile, Sweetie would be staying at the Lookout with Ryder for the time being. Everest and Tracker were super-eager to tell Jake and Carlos all that had happened.

Right now, everyone was sitting by a campfire by the Lookout, singing songs and eating roasted marshmallows.

"And that's how me and Carlos discovered that large gem at the temple," Jake said as he finished his story.

"That sounds like a cool adventure," Skye commented.

"You bet," Carlos said as he was petting Tracker.

"I cannot thank all of you enough for stopping Dr. Klaw," the princess said before eating a marshmallow. "  If it Had not been for you and the PAW Patrol, the entire world would have been covered in weeds."

"No problem," Ryder said. "Whenever you're in trouble, just yelp for help! Speaking of which,"

The boy then got up and took out his Pup-Pad. "For the bravery and willingness to help save the world, I would like to introduce everyone the newest member of the PAW Patrol..."

All the pups wagged their tails. Was Sweetie actually going to be a PAW Patrol member!?

"SWEETIE!" Ryder finished as he pushed a button on his Pup-Pad. The nearby PAW Patroller opened its side doors, revealing Sweetie. She wore her usual Mission PAW-styled outfit, but her Pup-Pack was slightly bigger than before. However, the best feature of her outfit was her new Pup-Tag; a purple tag but with a computer courser on it. The Westie Terrier walked about, showing it off to everyone. Needless to say, everyone was impressed.

"Sweetie is going to be our new tech pup," Ryder explained. "She can also help me and Robo-Dog make cool new gadgets for us to use."

Everyone gave a mixed reply of "oohs" and "aahs".

"Sweetie only has one tool in her Pup-Pack," Ryder said. "But it's her most useful one. Want to show them?"

"Of course I do!" she replied. "Busby! BarkBark!"

The Pup-Pack then opened, revealing Bubsy on a smaller platform. Everyone clapped - they could tell she was going to be helpful on missions.

"Thank you all for accepting me into the PAW Patrol," Sweetie said. "I honestly never could have imagined it."

"You sacrificed yourself for the Princess," Ryder replied. "And that's what makes the most important part of any PAW Patrol member - heart."

"Which reminds me," the princess said. She then got up and knelt to Sweetie. "For your bravery, I would like to make you the new princess of Barkingburg."

The Westie Terrier was shocked. Becoming ruler - the one thing that she was after her entire life and fought the PAW Patrol numerous times for - was now being offered to her!? First she became a PAW Patrol member, and now THIS?

"No no no," she declined. "I couldn't."

"Sweetie, you have shown much bravery,"  The Earl chimed in. "We think you would make the perfect princess of Barkingburg."

"Go on Sweetie," Marshall said. "Do it!"

"Yeah," Zuma followed. "You know you've always wanted to."

"You'd make a GREAT princess!" Everest yipped.

With everyone cheering her on, she wanted to take them on the offer. But then another thought popped in her head.

"What about the current Princess?" Sweetie asked. "What would she do?"

"Simple," Earl said. "Barkingburg has always allowed two rulers - one human and one dog - to rule over the kingdom."

Sweetie froze up. "You mean to tell me I... could have been ruler THIS WHOLE TIME!?"

"Well yes," Earl said. "I thought you already knew that. All you had to do was ask."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" she yelled, accidentally tripping on a marshmallow. The other pups couldn't help but laugh at the situation, but then Sweetie found herself laughing along to. She could now finally be ruler of Barkingburg. AND she was a member of the PAW Patrol! Things were going great for her.

The same really couldn't be said for Dr. Klaw and his cronies however. Gorge was using his portly girth as a raft for the other two cats, while Scratch was using a nearby plank of wood as a paddle across the ocean. Then Klaw began talking to himself.

"You pups may have won the battle," he said. "But you have yet to win the war! You have not seen the last of Dr. Klaw. You will RUE the day you stood against me! DO YOU HEAR ME PAW PATROL! RUE!"

"You know they're like, ten milessss away right?" Scratch replied.

"Oh shut up!" Klaw said.