Chapter 5: Finding a way.

It took a while, but Sweetie had finally dug deep enough to be just a few feet from the plants' growing spot. It was a little difficult taking the drilling machine outside the castle so it could begin making a path. It was a little hard to pull up the lab's stairs, even with all the pups' help. Rubble suggested that they could use his Mini-Miner instead, but Sweetie said that it was built more for drilling through walls and not boring underground. Before moving through the ground, Sweetie said that she would bark through the soon-to-be-created tunnel to let the PAW Patrol know to slide down.

It wasn't as if the trip underground was easy though. The Westie Terrier needed to be careful not to bump into any boulders or sewer pipelines. She also needed to make sure the tunnel was nice and smooth so that it was safe for the others to slide down. After a few minutes, Sweetie finally managed to break through and find out where these plants were growing from. She was quite surprised to see an underground lab - it had a large computer screen, test tubes, machines, everything. She figured the others should probably know about this, so she barked. It echoed through the tunnel and reached the PAW Patrol.

Tracker, with his big ears, heard the bark first. "Is it safe to slide down, Sweetie?" the Chihuahua asked.

Sweetie examined her surroundings, seeing that she was near the edge of a large alcove in this lab.

"Yes," she replied. "Just not all at once."

"What'd she say?" Marshall asked.

"I think she said all at once." Rubble replied. Sweetie gasped.

The Terrier tried to warn everyone to not come down all at once, but it was too late. They were all sliding down the tunnel, and the force of them arriving in the lab pushed Sweetie away. She was about to fall of the edge, but Everest's grappling hook saved her just in time.

"Thank you, Everest," Sweetie thanked.

"No problem," the Husky replied.

The pups and Ryder then began examining the area, and were just as surprised as Sweetie was to find that they were in a lab.

"THIS is where these plants are growing?" Skye asked.

"That's what my radar says," Rocky replied. He then ventured through the lab to track down the weeds' growing spot.

"How did the weeds grow through a lab like this?" Chase asked.

"Beats me," Ryder replied. "But if this is the place, we should find a way to stop their growth."

"GUYS!" Rocky barked from the other side of the lab. "I FOUND THEM!"

The PAW Patrol and Sweetie rushed over to where Rocky was. The mixed breed was looking through a window and into a cellar, where some very large plants were rising from the ground. Strange green toxin was also surrounding them, causing them to grow even more.

"Great job Rocky!" Ryder congratulated. "Now we need to find a way to stop them."

"That green stuff looks like it has something to do with it," Marshall suggested.

"And it looks like it's coming from that pipe," Chase followed.

"Maybe if we stop this gas, the plants will stop growing," Rubble proposed.