Chapter 11: She's Alive.

Then, Chase noticed something. Wiping his eyes, he looked closer, and saw it again.

"Guys, her nose twitched..." he said.

"Chase..." Marshall said, putting a paw around his best friend.

"No really," he said. "Look!"

The rest of the pups and Ryder looked a little closer, and indeed her nose was twitching. It wasn't long before her mouth began moving, and her eyes fluttered open.

It was a miracle!

"She... she's alive!" Chase yelped.

"She is!" Skye followed, wiping away her tears.

"I can't believe she made it!" Rocky cried.

The next few minutes following were a mixed racket of yips, sobs of joy, and cheers. The princess and Earl overheard this and went back into the hospital room, and cheered and sobbed along with them. Eventually, a few doctors heard the commotion and saw that Sweetie was, in fact, alive. How she managed to pull through, no one had any idea, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was that Sweetie was still alive.

All the while, Sweetie was confused. Why were they cheering for her? Why were the crying? Where was she? She took a quick look around, frightened at all the tubes and casts around her. She was also quite shocked that now several doctors were standing around her. Then she remembered when she and the Princess were in the castle as it was falling apart, and how Sweetie pushed her out of the way when a giant pillar fell on her. Everything else was a blur until now, but it didn't take long for her to realize that she was in the hospital, and that these doctors were probably here to fix her damages.

Fortunately for everyone, Sweetie was one to be calm during operations.