21. Warmth

*11 years later*

*Christina Wilbur's point of view*

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Don't look back right now but one of the Clover brothers is definitely looking at you!" Kiara whisper-shouted.

We were sitting at a table in 'Cloves and Mint' and my teenage cousin was doing her best to embarrass me in front of my crush.

I don't know why did I ever think that it would be a good idea to confide in my cousin, of all people.

"Stop it Kiara! What if someone hears us." I hid my head in my hands.

"Oh, come on Chrissy!" Yeah, my name is Christina but she prefers this stupid nickname. Apparently, it's cooler.

"I know you have been pining over him for weeks and from what I have seen, he likes you too. So, I am here to play the cupid and get you two together."

I glared at her to protest but she winked at me and raised her hand to shout "Excuse me" in a sing song voice, immediately getting us attention from everyone.

I groaned. I wanted to disappear from this cafe. I tried to lower myself in my seat.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw him approaching us in his usual rock star swagger. It was so stupid. I loved it.

"Hello ladies. What can I get you?" He asked us.

"I am fine thank you." I blurted out in what came out as a squeal and I wanted to hit my head on the table, hard.

I was 28 and I didn't have a boyfriend, A fact that Kiara lost no opportunity, reminding me about.

"Can we have two slices of the special low sugar mint cake please!" Kiara asked him.

"Sure. Two slices, huh? Coming right up. Would you like something to go with it, perhaps a drink?"

I couldn't look up at his face but I wanted to. I really wanted to.

"Oh I am sure she would love to go out with you for a drink tonight! " Kiara's voice drawled and I stared at her.

Huh? She? Who?

I looked around us and then it hit me.

She had asked Clover out on a date with me. I wanted to throttle her. I looked up at Clover in panic. He was smirking like a Cheshire cat.

Wait. Do cats even know how to smirk?

"Well, it's a date then. How does 5 o'clock sound?" Clover asked me but I was too dumbstruck to even reply.

"I ..uh---"

"Perfect! She will be there."Kiara replied.

"Will that be all?" He grinned at us.

"Actually Ray, Can I call you Ray? Kiara batted her eyelashes at him.

"I think your brother is really cute. Could you maybe put in a good word for me?"

What? Kiara liked Amay Clover?

He was handsome too I guess, in an elfish kinda way. Both of them had black hair but the similarities ended there. Ray was a flirt, Amay was shy and polite. He was lean, Ray was ripped.

They didn't even have to work here because the cafe was owned by their aunt but they did.

Ray guffawed earning us quite a few startled looks.

"You know what, Why don't you ask him yourself?" he winked at her and went towards the counter.

He mumbled something to his brother and his brother approached us with a notepad and a pen.