Chapter 2: The Alpha's Job

Rieka Pov

I'm a sophomore at DNM High School. I'm also one of the five alphas at my school. The reason we have five is so we all aren't fighting for top even though people still do. The Bloodhounds are the top pack at the moment and controlled their alpha, Jason. There known for their power and being able to do whatever they want and get away with it. The second pack is my pack, called The Arctic Wolves. My pack is known for being incredibly strong. Most of us have white fur and that's where we get our name from. If it wasn't for Jason pack, The Arctic Wolves would be on top. My pack is the only pack that doesn't have an omega since the last one graduated two year ago. None of my wolves has gotten the scent for omega yet. The third pack is called The Golden Stars, there alpha is Leon. His pack is known for there smarts. Some of Leon's members has even helped me with school projects before. Then there is The Knights, June rules them, her pack is known for their guidance as their name suggests they are good for guarding and keeping the other wolves in check. Then lastly the claws and there alpha, Lance. They aren't the best known pack, there more of the outcast group. Lance takes in a lot of loners. So most of his members don't have a complete scent to his pack. Most wolves in their last year of junior high are chosen into a pack. Some wolves that aren't in a pack are called Loners. Loners can try and start a pack. Most packs don't get approved because there isn't enough wolves required or the leader isn't capable of the role.

When alphas graduates the scent is passed down to who they think it fits best. When I was chosen into the Arctic Wolves I was also given Alpha. I was one of the youngest wolves to be given the scent of alpha. Jason was given alpha when he joined too but he won a fight against the old alpha. Making the old one leave the pack and because a Loner. Leon and June are seniors so they have been here for a while and gained alpha over time they already have their next alpha in mind. Lance is a junior and he is the first Alpha of his pack, he started his pack last year and got it approved.

I was sitting in one of the classrooms talking with my pack after class ended.

"Can I go with you to the meeting today" one of my betas Jess asked. He kinda like a kid, he always follows me. He wants to go with me to places because he doesn't have many friends and was scared of other people after he was assigned my pack.

"Sorry Jess I can't today. Maybe next time I'll take you" I say as he frowns at me and stand and walks out of the room.

"Don't worry he will be fine, I'll make sure he gets home safely" Another one of my pack members say as I nod to them. Jess is a freshman and he was picked on by some of Jason's pack members. Ever since then he has been around me for protection. I normally take him home just in case something ever happens to him, meaning I would take him to the alpha meetings I would go to but this meeting was one he wouldn't want to be there for.

~~~

Jess pov

After hearing her say that she wouldn't take me with her I got upset and ran off. I shouldn't really be mad...If only I was brave and strong enough to fend for myself and not have Alpha save me all the time. It's not fair why did Levi and Mark had to leave and join The Bloodhounds. Ever since then they hated me. They beat me up and cursed my name till I would pass out. They tore ever hope and dream I ever had and made it a living hell for me. Then she showed up, she showed them what real power was like. I'm in awe of her, but if only I wasn't a weakling I would have the strength to protect her and make her happy too. I promise that one day I will be strong and I will be able to fight the demons that hide within the bloodhounds. One day Levi and mark will wished they ever messed with me. One day th-

"Jess lets go, Alpha told me to make sure you get home safely" Ally says interrupting me from my thoughts. Ally was a freshman like me and she seemed so nice. She never really stood out until today, she looked pretty. I nod and follow her out of the school yard.

"You know, me nor Alpha taking you home doesn't make you weak right" she says I look up at her as she is looking up at the clear blue sky

"It's not a bad thing, if anything you should be proud of it. Alpha looks after you and makes you feel safe. If only Jason's pack would see that making fun of others was wrong. You might feel weak and helpless, they might make you feel like a loser and tell you that you can't be who you want to be. There wrong there all wrong." her tone changes from calm to more angered. I ever found someone so kindly worded as Ally. My heart was beating now and I could feel my face heat. She looks at me and sees my frustration. She smiles and looks back up at the sky.

"We are here and be proud of it" she says looking at my house. I could see the smile she had. Before we reached my house we looked at each other suddenly I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. Everything changed I felt happy I wasn't scared anymore. Life didn't feel so bad anymore. I felt so safe and so warm when I held her hand as I kissed her. She could feel it too, it was a mating bond. We looked at each other and smiled.