Chapter 13: Failed

My alarm went off at 10:30 AM. I sat up and turn it off. As I walk over to the closest and I set a bag of everyone's gifts on my bed. I open the bag that wasn't mine. Opening it, I found a pair of clothes. There was a note, the note said:

"Hey Rieka sorry for being gone today but I hope you have fun with your friends. I bought you a little something for a season. It was a grey sweater and leggings. Love mom" I put them on and looked in the mirror smiling. I then grab the gifts and one by one brought them down stairs and set each one under the tree as I about to run upstairs to go and grab my phone the doorbell rings. I open it and Lewis drops his bag with gifts and hugs me. Almost tears in his eyes, holding everything in.

"Lewis.." I say. He says nothing.

"Lewis what's wrong, did something happen" I say to him. He still says nothing. I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the living room and sit him down on the couch. I grab his bag and set it next to the tree. I walked over to him and sit next to him. He sets his head in my lap.

"Im sorry..Rie" he says looking up at me.

"Sorry for what there is no reason to be" I say to him.

"I'm sorry for acting the way I am, I guess I had to get out of my house," he says. I look up at the time and it 11:39.

"Hey we should better get to the park it's almost" 12 I say. He sits up and walks in front of me

"Will you promise me you will always be here when I need you" he says as he looks at me.

"I will always be here" I say to him. He smiles and hugs me again.

"Thank you" he says as he hands my coat. He puts it on me and we walk towards the park. As we walk he slowly moves his hand closer to mine until there touching. He grabs my hand and holds it as we walk to the park. When we got there we walked passed the main part of the park and into the Solar Mights woods.

"Avery, Xavier, and Chole should be at the meeting stop by now" I say to Lewis.

"Why are we meeting in the middle of the woods and so close to the border," he says to me as we walked.

"It for one of Avery's presents, I wanted to do something special this year for her" I say to him. When we got there he let go of my hand. I was kinda sad that he let go. We don't really get close often, he needed the comfort I guess. I still wonder what happened to him before he came over. Avery and the rest of the gang came into view.

"I thought we would have to come get you" Xavier says with a quick smile.

"So anyway your here but why out all the way out here. We are only a few meters away from the border. We do have a humans with us, she could get hurt." Chloe says looking at Avery. Looking at her, Lewis puts his arm on my shoulder. I slowly look at him, he cracks a smile.

"yeah so why are all the way out here by the border." he says in a really sassy tone. Then he raises his left eyebrow. I elbow him in his side.

"Well if you all really want to know so badly," I start to say as I slowly take off my jacket and lay it on the ground. I slowly walk backwards into the border. With everyone looking at me, I hesitate to build up tension. When the tension is high I then change into my wolf form. I growl as I feel the coldness of the icy snow on my paws. I slowly but powerfully take a step out of the border. Taking another one so that half of my body was out of the border. Finally two more steps so that my whole body was out of the border. I lift my head looking right into Avery eyes.

"Rieka, what are you doing. You know that you can't be in your wolf form outside the border" Lewis says intensely. I ignore him and I make my way to Avery feet. I look up at her again and as our eyes meet she know what I was doing. With it being winter, my winter coat was really soft and warm. She always would tell me how she wanted to feel a real wolf coat. She reaches out towards me and runs her hand from the top of my head to the middle of my back. A big smile grows from her face.