Chapter 12: The Neko

About a week later from Jason's attack at the cave, everyone seemed fine from it. 15 days before Christmas day and I'm really having a hard time thinking of gifts to get for everyone. I only had one person gift ready, it was Xavier gift. After School Xavier would walk me home, I would meet him outside by the water fountain in front of the school. After he walked me home and I walked inside my mom came over to me.

"Here, this was in the mail for you." she says to me pointing to a box on the counter.

"Oh really it's here already" I say as I grab the box from the counter and run upstairs. I set it on top of a shelf, and lay on my bed. I pulled out my phone and saw a message from an unknown number.

"Thank you for helping me at the cave, if I could, I would like to thank you again in person. I'll be at the cave at 4:30" -Chloe the Neko. I wonder why she wanted to meet at the cave of all places. I look at the time 3:54, i'll just have enough time to make it. So I put on my boots and coat and walked outside into the cold. As I start to walk to the park and then inside the border, I never changed into my full wolf form. As I'm walking, I start to think about the protector. Was he really here, and who was he. The thought ran through my mind over and over again. If he is real, would he go into a deep sleep until the time right, or will he pretend to have a real life and act as a human or wolf within the town. After all the self rambling I was next to the opening of the cave.

"Hello" I called out to the cave. A dark figure approached me they grabbed my arm and pulled me in.

"Shh he is here" The figure said in a whisper.

"Who is here," I said.

"Him.." she says as she points to a figure that all black and huge. I start to walk forward towards him. I stop when im right in front of him. The figure lowered his head and opened his eyes. A deep green color, that sparkled. I reach my hand out to him. He leans forward and I rub his head. His winter coat was soft and warm. He closes his eyes them and run off into the darkness of the forest.

"Wow that was so cool" the neko says as she runs up to me.

"Who are you, how did you do that" she said to me. I look at her and she the neko from before.

"Wait your chloe right" I asks.

"Yup Im Chloe, a former magic user at DNM High School" she says smiling at me "And who may you be" she asks.

"Im Rieka, i'm also a magic user at DNM High school

"Oh, anyways, how did you get him out like that," she said in a low voice.

"What are you talking about" I say to her.

"He wasn't there until you arrived, he looked at you the whole time. As if I wasn't ever there. He stood there until you flinched and then ran when he got the chance" she says to me

"I don't know" I say to her in confusion. She stops and looks at the cave again.

"Who there, show yourself" she yells. Lewis walks inside the cave.

"Lewis what are you doing here" I say to him.

"Making sure your safe, I was going to go over to your house and I saw you walk outside, so I followed you but it looks like your ok and safe," he says.

"Oh your guy from earlier, the one who took me home" she says to Lewis.

"Yeah I am" he says. I look at him and hug him.

"Thanks for checking on me but you don't need to worry, I can take care of myself too you know. I don't always need someone to save me every time" I say to him. He whimpers a little. Chloe looks at us.

"Are you two dating" she says.

"Yeah she my little girlfriend that gets into trouble a lot, am I right little Rie" he says and looks at me with a big smile.

"Smartass, we aren't dating" I say to him. We all laugh and walk out of the cave and to the park. "So Chloe your in what grade" I say to her.

"I'm a freshman, what about you guys" she says to us as we walk.

"Lewis and I are sophomores" I say to her. We then walk her home. When we get to her house, she turns around.

"Thank you for what you did, you were brave to take on Jason," she says and then hugs me and she walks inside. Two weeks have passed since I've met up Chloe. She started hanging around my house. I've always thought that all Nekos hated wolves but I guess not all do. Otherwise beside that I have all the gifts for everyone ready. It was 3 days before Christmas. I spent the whole day wrapping gifts and preparing Avery gift for tomorrow. I texted her saying that I wanted to meet her at the Solar Mights Park at 12:00. I also invited everyone to come along and be there before we go back to my place to open the gifts. My mom was going out of town for a few days. She is not meant to be back till the next day after Christmas. So it took some working out on time and planning but I got it all ready. We will all meet at Solar Mights Park and I give Avery her first gift then we all go to my house. Then open gift that everyone had brought. After all that me and Avery cook dinner and we all spend the night at my house. Avery and Chloe gets there own room for the night because we have two spare bedrooms. Lewis and Xavier offered to sleep in the living room. I kissed my mom goodbye and tell her not to have too much fun with her friends. I lay down on my bed and fall asleep.