Ch. 24 Finding Kagome

Previously, Inuyasha has spotted Kagome and Kagome is reading herself for all the questions he will ask her.

ooo

Even when Kagome came into view, Inuyasha kept running towards her. He knew his nerves would not completely cool until she was safe and sound by his side. As he kept running, Inuyasha kept trying to figure out where Kagome could have gone all night long, and for what purpose.

ooo

Inuyasha was nonchalantly jumping through the forest trees with a smile on his face. He felt so satisfied and refreshed. Last night, for the first time in many months, he was able to relieve himself of his lustful desire towards his beloved Kikyo.

Feeling his arousal rising at him reminiscing the passionate night of lovemaking him and her shared, Inuyasha tried to cool his head, but to no avail. Inuyasha always enjoyed the feeling of his bare body meeting Kikyo's not only because it was her body he was touching but specifically her skin.

Him being half dog demon his body temperature is always higher than a human so ravishing a woman like Kikyo who always had cool skin was always a pleasure.

Back then, 50 years ago, before he betrayed her, before she betrayed him, and before they both fell for Naraku's wickedly manipulative ruse; whenever he touched her body he savored at the little detail because he had demon blood running through his veins he was able to keep her warm even through the harshest of winters. He was always reminded, even though she was the Priestess of the Sacred Jewel while he was a bastard half-demon, he was the only one she allowed to warm her up in such an intimate manner.

Even though she was of holy power and he carried demonic blood, she allowed him to touch her, to keep her warm, and to love her.

If only they did not allow Naraku to come between them, Inuyasha wondered how their relationship would have progressed. They would have been married by now. They would have had our own children. They would have grown old together.

Inuyasha knew because if his demon heritage he would have outlived Kikyo, but he did not care. When the wrinkles came, he would always remind her she was forever beautiful in his eyes. When she could no longer see well, he would always be by her side to describe to her what was in front of them. When she was no longer strong enough to draw her bow or take a step, he would always be there to be her arms and legs.

Inuyasha chuckled.

Knowing her, until that time comes, she'll be too stubborn to rely on me so much...

At that thought, Inuyasha finally made his way out of the forest. As he entered the clearing, Kaede's village came into view. Seeing the outskirts of Kaede's village triggered Inuyasha began remembering how he had left is group last night to meet with Kikyo.

Inuyasha sighed. The guilt finally hit him. Whenever he would sneak out to meet with Kikyo he would always return with heavy remorse on his shoulders because he knew he should not be doing this.

If he is to continue his relationship with Kikyo he must cut his romantic interest with Kagome. He cannot stay indecisive between the two women, even if it pains him to lose either. Kikyo's words from the night before began replaying in his head like a broken record.

I know I need to decide. I know I can't have you both. I know I'm just hurting the both of you by being so indecisive... I just... I love you both, Kikyo, Kagome.