Ch. 31 His Face

Previously, Kagome has returned to modern times, but before she could even set foot into her family's home, she collapsed.

ooo

"Slow down," Kagome yelled after the boy.

The boy, hearing his best friend yell at him to slow down, only quickened his pace.

"Now where's the fun in that, " he teasingly hollered back at her.

As the boy continued to run away from Kagome he noticed her yelling stopped. Starting to feel worried he turned, and what he saw caused a mild panic to take over his heart. Kagome was on the ground with her face planted to the concrete, she must have fallen, he concluded.

Quickly, the boy ran back to his beloved companion he could not bear to leave alone. When he finally reached Kagome, he crouched down and began asking her if she was alright.

However, before he could comprehend what happened, he found himself underneath Kagome and Kagome with a smug smile on her face.

"You tricked me, " the boy said aloud to no one, but himself.

"You bet, I did. How else was I suppose to catch up with you? We both know you weren't gonna slow down," Kagome defended.

The boy sighed, "Well, this won't work again."

"You said that last time, " Kagome reminded the boy and before he could say anything back to her, she added, "And the time before that, and the time before that, and let's not forget about the time before that."

"Well, I mean it this time. I won't be fooled again, " the boy answered.

"Yeah, and your left eye will go red, " Kagome joked.

Feeling Kagome was becoming too arrogant, a mischievous idea popped into the boy's mind. He slowly moved his hands to her sides and started to tickle her with no mercy. Kagome being extremely ticklish, started begging for mercy.

"Who's the smartest?"

"You," Kagome admitted between giggles.

"Who's your best friend?"

"You," she admitted again.

The boy paused his tickle attack, then asked, "And whose never going to trick me again?"

"Not me," Kagome stubbornly answered.

An amused smile graced the boy's lips as he continued his relentless assault on Kagome's person. Kagome now having trouble breathing, tried to focus her eyes onto the boy's face, but no matter how hard she struggled, his features remained blurry.

Why can't I see your face, she wondered.

ooo

Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I will be updating every Monday from now on. Thank you for reading.