Chapter 15

A/N: Okay, so this chappie is kinda short too, but it's not as bad as the last one haha. i hope. if you give me feedback, ill love you forever

Chapter 15

LOUIS POV

"I dunno," Harry said in a barely audible voice, then blushed and bit his lip.

That was it? That was all he had to say? Louis KNEW he was lying, it was obvious. He wanted the truth, he was sick of all this crypticness. Sometimes he felt like Harry might have an interest in him, other times he felt like Harry didn't give a flying fuck about Louis. He was so confused, and he needed to know. NOW. He gently wrapped his hand around Harry's, which was rested on the table. Harry jumped, startled at the contact, but didn't pull away. He just ducked his head, his curls hiding his face. "Harry, please tell me," Louis said softly. "You-"

Harry's head snapped up. "Why'd you take me to YOUR house afterwards?" he interrupted Louis.

"Don't try and change the subject."

"Well I should probably KNOW, shouldn't I? I mean does El know? Why didn't you take me home?"

Louis jerked his hand back from Harry's when he said El's name, as if he had been electrically shocked.

Right. Eleanor. His GIRLFRIEND.

He forgot about her completely, the only thing on his mind since the night before had been Harry.

He would have to talk to her when he dropped Harry off....He would have to end it.

Louis sighed. He wasn't looking forward to that. He didn't want to hurt her, she was an amazing person. It felt cruel of him...but what would be even more cruel? Ending it now, or continuing to pretend to like her while he secretly pined over her best friend?

Obviously the latter.

Louis was startled back into reality when a hand (which was quite large, by the way, to Louis' pleasure) waving in front of Louis' face. "Louuuuu? You there?" Harry asked. "Oh, uh, yeah, sorry, zoned out a bit."

"Yeah, I can see that. Now answer my question."

"Right. Well, I told you I was going to take you home, and then you, um,  you started crying and screaming about how you didn't want to leave me....And so you talked to El on the phone, who tried to convince you to go home, but you yelled at her and said you wanted to stay with me because you, uh, because you liked me....so she decided that she didn't want to argue and had me take you to my place."

Harry froze, green eyes wide, and lips parted. He looked TERRIFIED, as if he was about to be attacked by a shark or fall off a cliff or something like that. His pink, full lips were slightly parted, looking moist and extremely tempting. Louis couldn't stop staring at them, thinking about how amazing it would feel to have them against his, how soft and plump and-

Okay, those thoughts were headed in a dangerous direction.

Louis blushed, then looked back up at Harry's eyes. Thankfully, Harry hadn't seemed to notice Louis staring at his lips, or that Louis was there at all really. He was still frozen. "Harry?" Louis said awkwardly. Harry's eyes flickered to Louis' face. "You okay?" Louis continued, when there was no response. Slowly, Harry took a deep breath. "No. No, I'm not." 

"Why?"

"I...I can't tell you that."

God, if all of this was affecting Harry so much that he couldn't even tell Louis what it was all about, then that had to mean something, right?! Anything! And Louis HAD to find out what that something was.

"Is this the same thing that you 'couldn't tell me' before you rudely interrupted me?" Louis joked, chuckling weakly, trying to lighten the mood and clearly failing.

Harry hesitated, then nodded slowly, a few curls falling limply into his face. He flicked them back, the motion making Louis' heart stop. God, he was so hot, why was he so attractive?!

Louis cleared his throat. He had to get himself together. "Care to explain?" he asked softly, unable to speak any louder. 

Harry bit his lip, and shook his head slowly, his eyes burning intensely into Louis' the entire time.

"Harry..."

"No, Louis! Stop! You can't force me, okay?" Harry said loudly. Louis shrank back into his seat, not wanting the younger lad to be upset with him. He stared at Harry until Harry turned away, grabbing his fork and beginning to shovel eggs into his mouth. Louis sat up straight and looked down at his full plate. He wasn't all that hungry all of a sudden.

Yup. His life sucked.