Chapter 10

-Congratulations, new members of Dauntless- One of our leaders told us in our final exame ceremony.

I can't belive i was able to get into the Dauntless faction without them finding out i'm divergent.

We were all leaving to our dorm, about to cross the pit, when we saw alot of people forming lines. Then a voice came telling the iniciated to meet with our liders. Eric was over us and told us to go to a line to get a tracking device. I walked slowly to a line, already knowing what this was about.

 A few days ago, Four told me that the Erudite delivered a loading for the Dauntless leaders. He stoll one of the loads and he showed me. It was a little injection fluid, like the one they use in the 2nd fase test, but this fluid was a yellow-orange shade. He told me they were using this to control the Dauntless member's minds so they would do whatever the Erudite leader, Jeanine, wanted them to. He also told me that it didn't have any effect on Divergent people and that they would also use this to find the divergents inside the Dauntless Base. I knew what we had to do, it was time to fight and the divergents had they lives handed by a thread, It was the time Tris mom's told me about, the time for us to escape, but i wouldn't go on my own.

I walked to one of the lines and waited for my turn. I looked at the person standing next to me and, on the other line was Peter, looking at me with his amazing dark brown eyes staring at my blue-green ones, giving me glares, like he was trying to deliver me a message. He was saying "Be carefull" with that amazing pair of glowing eyes and that make my heart beat fast and made me skip a breath. I looked at the ground for a second, willing to stop that weird feeling, but when i looked up, he was no where to be seen. "Maybe he just took the injection and walked away", that's what i thought, but i was way wrong.

It ws my turn to take the injection. I walked to the Pink haired lady and she injected me with that fluid. It hurted like shit when the needle got inside my skin, but i didn't make a sound, not even a reaction, i was too strong for that.

I got inside the dorm and i saw everyone getting ready for bed, all excited and full of life, all but Peter. He was nowhere to be seen. I dressed in my night clothes and i waited for everyone to go to sleep before i walked quietly out of the room, with my gun in my pocket and a knife hide in my hair.

I walked slowly to the place i would certenly find that jerk, our place, the right side near the chasm. I was sure, there he was, looking at nothing, messing his hair with his hand. lost in his thoughts, so lost he didn't noticed me coming and taking a sit next to him, at least until i talked to him.

-You know, everytime you move your hair in your head, it makes your hair look like a bush.- i said and he looked at me, a little surprised that i was there. It was hard for me to see him like this, knowing that when he wakes up, he will be controlled by that bitch from Erudite and i will have to go away, probably not going to see him again. It was hard, but i knew that the distance would mean so little when he meant so much, i wouldn't forget about him and i was willing to come back to take him with me.

-Oh, hi- he said quietly. I could see he was still acting strange over me, since the day we fight, we haven't really talked.- So, we are finally dauntless, tomorrow will be one hell of a day, our first day- His talk was making me feel sad, angry because i wouldn't be able to see him for a long time. I started letting my tears fall, i sure was going to miss him, my sugar boy, my best friend, my jealous boy, my stupid jerk and the idiot i fell for.

-Listen to me Peter- i said. He was still staring at the nothing.- Look at me- and he did, he looked right in my eyes-  Peter, tomorrow will be a day that i'm sure you won't remember, a day that will never come to your mind, and probably the last day you'll see me. I just want you to know that, i will never forget you, you were my best friend and the best thing that ever happened to me, you were the most precious thing in my life and the only person it was always a pleasure to fight with. You were my bad boy and, since you won't remember tomorrow, i want you to promice me today, that you will never forget me. please?- i was letting my tears fall really fast. He was holding my hands.

-Maya...What are you talking abo- he said but i cut him off.

-Please Peter, don't ask any questions, just promice me that, you'll understand one day.- i asked holding his hands stronger.

-I...I...I promice...- he said and he hugged me. I let my tears roll a little in that comfortable hug. I sure felt safe with him, he was there for me in our possible last moment together. I loved him with all my heart, a never to happen love, that was us. I move away from him, i cleaned my eyes and i kissed his cheek, walking away after it. I walked to our dorm and i lied on bed, silent like hell, thinking of the boy i loved and i couldn't be with because of what i was, of who i am, what i am...DIVERGENT.