Chapter 11

It was 5 am when everything started. I woke up with the noise of everyone getting up and dressing themselves. I pretended to be like them, controlled by Jeanine and i started doing the same as them. I got up and started dressing up. I looked at Peter's bed and i saw it empty. Maybe they made him go and make another thing like guard Jeanine or maybe he just got ready faster and went outside.

As we all finished getting ready we walked out the room and went to a line that was being formed in the south part of the Pit. The leaders were not acting like us, they were talking with each others. I heard one of the saying to Eric that we could hear them and see them, but we wouldn't respond in the same way. The comands were given by the transmitter. Everyone grabbed a gun, a shotgun to be exact, that was over a table and putted it over their shoulder. Suddenly, in front of me, a guy came and started talking to his friends, asking them what they were doing and walking around, in the midle of the circle that the line was forming. Eric called him and he walked to him. He told him everything was okay and told him not to worry about, before he got his gun out and shot him in the head. I saw Eric looking at me in the corner of my eye but i just keep walking in the line. They were also using this to kill Divergents, that was for sure.

We walked to the Train and  we started entering diffrent cabines. I entered in my group's cabine, where Tris, Four, Will and Christina were, but no sign of Peter. Tris was standing by my side as the train started walking. She looked at me slowly and i winked at her. She looked shock but gave me a weak smile. She then started walking slowly to get near Four. As she got at the spot she wanted, he held her hand and she did the same, crossing their fingers. They don't know the luck they have, the boy i love is not like me, he is normal and i'm not, he is nowhere to be seen, he doesn't love me back and i'll probably never see him again. I know i might die today when i escape, but that's not the worst thing, the worst thing is that, surviving or not, i'll be away from Peter and that killed me inside. I never saw myself as an attached kind of girl but, i had to admite, at least to myself, that jerk was attached to my heart and he wouldn't come off, never in  a million years.

We started walking out of the train and marched to the Abnegation habitations. I saw kids running away to their parents, people being dragged out their own houses, people being shot in the head for trying to sav their families, all of them scared to death for what was going to happen. Tris and Four went to find her house, trying to find her parents. They were not there anymore, i knew that but i was too far to tell them so i let them go. I turn in a desert corner and i walked fast, trying to get where Natalie said they would be. In the way, i saw a dauntless member pulling a 5 years old girl by her hair out of a hidden hole. He was about to shot her when i shot him in the chest. The little girl was terrified but as soon she saw it was me who saved her, she ran to me and hugged me. I hugged her back and i looked at her. She was alot like me when i was a little- She had long hair, like really really long, blond hair. Her eyes where Blue-green and she had a little facial signal under her right eye and she was beautiful. I had to take her out of there, to take her with me, so i picked her up and i ran away with her. As we passed a corner, a bunch of dauntless members saw us and came running to us, being forced to do so. I ran as fast as i could with that girl holding to me. We passed some factionless people that were running from there. In the middle of them, i saw Drew and Molly. They didn't even get to the final exam, they became factionless in the middle of the 2nd fase and probably came here. Molly looked at me and got a rock in her hand. She hited one of the dauntless members in the head, distracting them so i could get my gun and shot them all. Molly gave me a smile and ran away. She was different, she was alone with Drew in this cold world, being factionless and getting what others gave her. She must have learn to be nice and help others.

I keep running with that little angel with me, until we got to an old building where Natalie was waiting for us. I ran inside with her and that little girl and Natalie guide us to a bunch of Abnegation people. The girl came out of my arms and ran to hug a woman that was probably her mom. She then came to me and hugged me.

-Thank you- she said.

-What's your name little angel?- i asked.

-Maggie- she said and smiled. I knealed down in front of her, becaming her size- When i grow up, i want to be brave and a dauntless member like you.

-Well Maggie, i'm sure you'll be the best in your class- i said as i took off my bracelet, placing it on her wrist- and here is something to remind you that, doesn't matter where you are, you are the owner of yourself and you can't be controlled.- and she hugged me again. I got up and walked to Natalie who was waiting for me.

-Where is Tris and the others?- she asked worried.

-There was only Tris and Four lasting, We were the only ones who i found out about. They went looking for you guys. I tryed to tell them where we were but they were too far from me and i couldn't reach them as i was being observed by Eric.- i said.

-I have to go save them.- she said.

-I'll go with you- i tryed but she didn't let me.

-No, you stay here and protect this people. they need someone to take care of them- she said and she started walking away, when i grabbed her hand and i placed a shotgun in her hand.

-I got 3 shotguns from a group of dauntless people i shot. Take one for protection.- she smiled at me and looked at a boy behind me. The boy was standing with a man near him.

-This is Caleb and my husband, give them guns to protect themselfs.- she said and i gave each one of them a shotgun. With tha, she ran away, leaving us there protecting the people inside.