Part 1

A/n: Hey guys I know it seems like I am all over the place and I am so for the time being when I have come up with a writing schedule that works for me I can work on this story I will be updating once a week in hopes of getting into the Wattys.

any comments promoting, hating, or being just plain stupid will be removed I do not tolerate that nor will any of the others working hard on this story. please be kind and don't forget to read enjoy and vote!

this may be a contender for the wattys so please show your upmost support

Avalena:

Avalena sits at her desk looking at her mountain of files that were placed on her desk early this morning

she groaned internally. wanting this day to be over with. avalena decides to get herself a cup of coffee before inserting herself to do the mountain of work she had ahead of her. she gets up from her cubicle but before getting to the break room the receptionist Macey stops her " ms johnson Mr. Drews would like to speak with you privately. she turns on her heels taking the elevator up to the 10th floor where her boss sat in his big. cushy air-conditioned office. she gets in the elevator pressing the button to the tenth floor. it seems like a millennium before the elevator reaches its destination. she strides out of the elevator up to the reception desk. " I'm here to see Mr. Drews," she says.

the secretary rolls her eyes before waving me into the office behind her. I knock on the big glass door before hearing an "it's open" from behind the closed door. I open the door closing it behind me.

he waves me over to the chair that sits in front of his big oak desk. I sit down in the chair. he clears his throat before speaking.

ms Johnson your work with this company is extraordinary. and I am prepared to give you the promotion to vice chairwoman of the department if you would like." he says. I look at him. I gather my words. " are you serious thank you !!!" I say in excitement before he cuts me off during my celebration. " but there is one favor I must ask of you Mrs. Johnson, I want you to pleasure me. " I about choke on my spit as I hear the vile disgusting words leave his mouth. a smirk crosses his face at my reaction. I'm sorry sir but I'm not like your little secret out there I do not sleep my way to the top unlike others in this company... I quit " I get up from the chair marching towards the door. he gets up following me to the door pinning me to the wall. he covers my mouth before I can scream. in his grasp. but I do the only thing I can think of doing. I bring my knee up with as much force as humanly possibly nailing him. he bends over crippled in pain as I scoot around him and out of his office.

not before I hear a " fuck you avalena you will regret this!"

I think nothing of his empty threat before taking the elevator down to what used to be my desk. I clean out my desk and pack up my belongings. I carry the small box to the elevator. not turning back to what was my life and my only hope. I return to my college dorm sitting on my loft bed I put my hands in my head and sigh. how am I going to pay for college I had a little saved up but how long would that last me.

a few weeks pass by of looking for jobs and only finding dead ends. I sit in my accounting class focused on my studies when my phone suddenly starts ringing. I scramble to find the answer button not caring if I'm in class I hope it's a lead on a job. but it's an automated machine telling me I have overdraft my account. . I look up and all eyes are on me. tears threaten to fall from my eyes. I grab my things and dart out of the classroom back to my dorm room.

another week goes by I am past due on my rent for mt for and I know my RA is going to show up at my door asking for payment soon. I wis I could act as if I didn't exist when that happened. but as I lay on my dingy old futon I look at the tv and see an ad for a company that just moved into town that they are hiring for multiple positions. I immediately save the number on my phone and give it a call.

one ring two rings three rings.

maybe it was a false ad. and then a voice draws my attention from the other line. "lubri-nation adventure, Astrid speaking how can I help you" the voice says.

" hi I'm calling because of your ad for jobs" she cuts me off " ok can you interview tomorrow at 3?" she says " is there any way I could interview today?" I ask . a pause comes from the other line. before she replies "sure, be here in an hour and we can squeeze you in." "thank you so much!!!" I say happily " see you then" I hear a click from the other line.

I get ready to go to the interview showing and putting my naturally curly hair into a nice bun leaving curls hanging down my neck in ringlets.

I lock my dorm room door heading to the parking lot to my car. I drive to the job interview reaching the building I take a deep breath before entering the doors. my eyes wander before I walk to the front desk. I talk to the receptionist and she directs me to the 10th floor. I reach the 8th floor the doors open and the sight in front of me was one I would never forget.