Chapter 6:

(Charlotte’s POV)

After finding out that I’m pregnant Carlisle got me to resign from working so I could be looked after so he can be less stressed about our part human-vampire baby. I’ve been drinking blood to help keep me healthy along with the baby. I had tried animal and human blood to support the baby’s needs, and it may seem gross to some people but I’m doing it for my child or children. Both seem to be working for me and the baby doesn’t mind both. We don’t know how many or what we are having yet. I’ve been eating a lot and keeping most of it down. Our child likes 3 things; blood, doughnuts, and meat. I like eating a lot of meat and I grew quite a lot in the few weeks of this pregnancy. I gained 15-20 lbs. So far and I’ve been pregnant for about 4 weeks. I probably look like I’m near the end of the third trimester. I love the feeling of my child growing in my uterus, but it gets so uncomfortable at times and my body won’t really let me adjust to it as my baby is rapidly growing at an inhumane pace inside of my human body.

I’m going to talk to Sam today at my house with Carlisle, Jasper, and Edward around 2 o’clock. Right now, it’s about 10:30, So I took a nap after Carlisle left and just woke up. Alice, Rosalie, and Esme are pampering me with massages, manicures, pedicures, and literally everything else they can do to make me comfortable. My nails are now clear with rose designs on them along with my toenails but the design is only on the big toe. 

Carlisle is so protective of me and I think its cute but it’s getting a little overbearing. He tries to go with me everywhere. When I want to go to the bathroom I get Rose or Esme to go with me but I make Carlisle and sometimes the other boys get me something. Edward usually gets me the stuff I don’t really want to ask for or I’m too tired or agitated to do so. I think it’ a bit easier with Edward around so if my thoughts turn negative he can start a conversation and get my mind off of my negative thoughts.

----

I said, “Carlisle, I don’t want to be late. I’m already as big as a whale, and we can’t delay this conversation any longer. I could give birth any day now. Boys, are you ready? If you are not you will experience pain like never before even though I’m pregnant. EVERYONE LETS GO NOW!!!!”

Everyone ran down the stairs completely ready besides Emmett and I very calmly said, “Emmett, why are you not ready? You had an hour and a half to be ready for this meeting with my cousin.” “Let's go,” I growled at him and the others. Emmett looked down guiltily and everyone walked out to the cars, and Carlisle carried me like the super sassy queen I was born to be. I’m so nervous about this meeting that starts in 5 minutes. I have Rose and Carlisle beside me waiting for Sam and anyone he brings. It better not be Paul, I do not like him at all because he tried to force me into going on dates with him even though I said no many times. 

‘Knock knock’

Oh my god, they're here, I’m excited and nervous for their reactions. I tell Edward, “Let them in.”

Sam comes in and asks “Why haven’t you come to see me, Char?” I nervously say “I don’t know how to tell you this Sammy. Carlisle and Rose some help, please?” They lift me to my feet and Sam gasps ”You’re pregnant? Who’s the father?” I say, “Yes. The father is Carlisle. We would’ve used protection, but nobody knew that vampires could get humans pregnant. We can’t see the baby the embryonic sac is unpenetrable.” 

Sam just stood there shocked to the core, and asked very quietly “Will this baby kill you?”

“There is always the possibility of that happening Sammy, with any pregnancy there is always that chance even in normal human pregnancies. Are you mad? What are you thinking?” I ask him.

He says, “Yes, I’m mad. You have been here over two months now and haven't said a word to me and you are almost done with a supernatural pregnancy. You are having a little demon baby, that could kill humans and not control itself and expose everybody in this town.”