Chapter 16:

Charlotte’s POV:

It’s been a few days since the party, and today everybody is practicing for the battle. I’m included, even though Carlisle doesn’t want me to. I have a plan, the kids are going to stay with Emily on the day of the battle. Emmett can’t stop challenging Jasper to rematches. He keeps losing because he thinks with his instincts and what he was told won’t register into his head. 

I say, “Hey, Old Man.”

Carlisle says, “Hello, Queen.”

I say to Edward, “What’s new with you Peasant?”

He sighs and says, “I’m just worried about Bella’s safety, and the kids.”

I say, “When are you gonna ask her about it?”

He says, “Soon, maybe tonight when you all leave to go hunting or other festivities.”

I give him a pointed look and say, “First of all, that is not all we do. We’re not doing that tonight, we are gonna spend it with our babies. When you wait the sex is better. FYI.”

Edward looks disgusted and says, “Eww. I didn’t need to know that Charlotte.”

Carlisle spins me around and dips me as I giggle at him. I then say, “Hello, Stranger.”

He says, “Stranger? I’m offended Charlotte.”

He dips down to kiss me passionately, and when he does Jasper says, “No fraternizing with the enemy!”

I yell back, “Jasper, Old Man’s my fiance. I’m going to kill you! I’m going to make sure you and Alice don’t kiss. Do you like that?”

Jasper growls at me and I yell back, “Hey, look at this!”

I put both of my middle fingers in the air. I say, “Don’t you growl at me, mister. I can put your emotions right back on you. I also know what your thinking!”

Jasper huffs, and Carlisle holds me and I say, “Never mind. Kiss your woman! I know I’m getting laid anyway!”

“Baby … ”

I say, “Oh, Shut up Old Man and give me a proper kiss.”

He says smiling, “As you wish, your Majesty.”

He spins me around and slowly leans in to kiss me sweetly. It’s not rushed or to slow, it’s exactly perfect for this moment, and we didn’t notice that the wolves have shown up to practice and learn how to kill newborns. I run my fingers through Carlisle’s hair and his hands move up and down my back. But when he moves his hands lower, something growls and we pull away. Everyone is looking at us and they smile except for the wolves. 

I say, “I think you need to introduce our plan.”

He says, “Yeah, I do.”

He kisses the side of my head and walks away to be in front of the wolves. As he introduces the wolves to our plan, I walk over to Bella, and I say, “Has anyone ever called you Bell Pepper?”

She looks shocked and says, “Like the pepper?”

I say, “Yeah.”

She thinks about it and says, “Actually, I don’t think anyone has. Why?”

I say, “I don’t know. I was thinking about nicknames for you other than Bella and then I started to think about what to make the kids for dinner and the recipe called for Bell Peppers.” 

We laugh at my idea. 

I made Edward’s mind read the wolves even though I can do it too, I’m lazy and I wanted to look at Carlisle’s ass. I think happily, ‘His ass looks good in the pants. I should get him to wear sweatpants.’ Edward’s head spins to me in less than a second and says, “Really?”