Chapter 7

Hey! Thanks to this person with an aggressive tone, I am going to update. 😂 Thanks for enjoying this!

 😂 Thanks for enjoying this!

------------

  Max woke up when the sun managed to lighten up the tent. If he could, Max would probably fight the sun. He could take it, he thought. Max sat up and groaned, glaring at nothing on the wall, in particular, planning out everyone's death in detail. Then he decided a cup of coffee would be better. He got off his uncomfortable bed and got the disgusting yellow shirt. He slipped it on over his big head and soon he did the same for his classic hoodie.

  He slipped new boxers on and put his jeans on after. Neil seemed to already be gone and Max was glad the fucker didn't wake him up or WW3 would have started. He put his hands on his hoodie pockets and started to walk out. He walked into the mess hall and got himself a cup of black coffee using blackmail against Gwen. He sat down with Neil and Nikki. They were too interested in their own conversation. Max was completely okay with this. Soon he finished his cup and he set his head down. He frowned as his gaze went to the frowning Preston at his table with his friends.

  Max wanted to cry. No- scream. He wanted to scream and scream. He didn't know if he would scream in anger or sadness. He would scream is all he knew. He fell down the cliff and into the ocean without knowing how to swim and now he was drowning. He was still in love with Preston and he felt more and more distant. He knew something was wrong when Preston slowly faded away. He didn't want to believe he was losing him and he waited too long to talk and now the cut is deeper. It needs stitches that Max doesn't have.

  "Max?" Neil asked him. Max only turned his head to the other kid. "You okay? You've been staring at your cup for a while now." Neil stated before Max pushed his cup away and got up. He walked out of the Mess Hall. It didn't take long for David to follow and catch up. The adult grabbed his arm. "Max, what's wrong?" He asked with concern. The question made all of the frustration and tears pour out. Max's tears ran down his round cheeks like waterfalls.

  "Woah! Uh, M-Max?" David asked before the shorter male hugged him. He cried into his chest, almost collapsing. David frowned and hugged Max back. He always wanted Max to open up and be better but not like this. He didn't want Max to just completely break! But he did his best to comfort the poor kid as he wrapped his arms around him and rubbed his back gently.

  "Okay, Max. No activities today." David said quietly and picked up Max. He carried him to his cabin and laid him in his bed carefully. He tucked him in as Max curled up slightly. It didn't take long for Max to cry himself to sleep. David sighed softly. Sometimes he felt like his dad, worrying about him and scolding him a lot. He wondered if Max saw him as a dad figure. He kind of hoped so cause he really wanted Max to agree with him on this so he can take Max away from his neglectful parents.

  David didn't want to leave Max alone but he did for about five minutes. All he did was talk to Gwen about Max and told her she is in charge. He went back to the cabin and sat in his chair, relaxing as he kept an eye on Max and watched some tv to calm down.

   Gwen made all the kids stay in the Mess Hall and do what they want basically. Just no pranks and such, if they did then no dessert. She made it clear and it surprisingly worked. Probably because Max wasn't there. It caught a lot of campers attention.

Including a certain theater boy.