Chapter 5: Letting Go

The dust settles of the explosion in the warehouse.

Gray, even thought his left arm is injured, marched around the rubble of the warehouse to see if he can find Juvia's body,

"Everyone, help me find Juvia." He pleaded.

So, everyone was digging under the rubble to find Juvia.

Eventually, the sun is going down and everyone was getting tired of finding, except for Gray, digging through the rubble with his right arm.

"Oh man, we should go back tomorrow, I'm tired already." Natsu complained.

"Hey, if Lucy is under this rubble, you'd dig through this rubble non stop 'til you found her." Gray teased him.

Lucy blushed a little bit when Gray said that and Natsu just looked away and headed back home along with Happy.

"Hey, where're you going?" Gray yelled at him. "We have to find our family."

Gray was getting frustrated by the minute.

"Gray, we need to take a break." Erza said ti Gray, still digging.

"Come on, Erza. She's your friend, out friend and we can't just—" he said while looking at her.

Then, Erza hugged him and said, "please, just stop. Don't do this to yourself."

Then she started tearing up, Gray as well. Everyone was, feeling sorry for Gray about losing his one true love.

They kneeled down, Gray was now crying and said, "Promise me we'll come back for her tomorrow."

"We promise." Erza said, hugging her still.

ONE WEEK LATER

Eventually, after digging thought all that rubble, they found Juvia's body and now, it was her funeral.

Gray was sitting down on his bed in his apartment, wearing a black long sleeve polo buttoned shirt and some black pants to go along with it and leather shoes.

It was pouring with rain outside. This made Gray remember Juvia even more and started tearing up.

He grabs a picture of them posing and making funny faces. It was those photo boots where you put money and you get inside this and it takes your pictures and prints them in one long piece, usually five pictures a once.

In the last photo, he sees him kissing Juvia on the cheeks with a shocked face from Juvia.

He remembers this moment and it gave him a flashback to when that happened.

FLASHBACK

"Huh, what was that?" Juvia asked Gray.

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to kiss you, that's all." He says while scratching his head.

"Hm? When how about Gray-sama kisses Juvia where she really wants." She says while pointing at her lips.

"I should've done that earlier then." He says then kisses Juvia passionately on the lips.

PRESENT

Then, the knocking on the door broke his flashback. It was Erza, and said through the door,

"Hey, it's time. Let's go."

"Alright, I'll be out in a minute." He says and puts down the picture on the bed.

He wipes away his tear and opens the door, behind it was Erza.

"I'm ready." Gray said. Erza gave him another umbrella and they headed to the funeral.

On the way there, it was full of memories of him and Juvia going on dates and stuff and the most memorable moments with her.

One which was a restaurant where they had their first date.

This made Gray remember that moment.

FLASHBACK

"Huh? Gray-sama, is there something wrong? Do you don't like our date?" Juvia said to him because he looked bored."Oh, it's nothing. It's just... I remember always rejecting your present and stuff, and now here we are, on a date." he replied."Wah, all of a sudden, your so dreamy and handsome!" she said while making the usual face that she give him, heart-shaped eyes and all."That's what I wanted to hear from you." he says as he holds her hand from the table.He smiles at her and she smiled back.

PRESENT

"Hey, we have to go." Erza said as she shakes him from the flashback.

"I'm sorry, let's go." Gray said and they started walking.

On the way to the funeral, Gray another spot on where he remembers Juvia again.

It was a tree where Gray remembers the time when he finally confessed to Juvia.

FLASHBACK"Um, I have something to tell to you, Juvia." He says as he scratches the back of his head.

"Huh, what does Gray-sama want to say?" Juvia asked Gray.

"Um, I know we just got back from a job request, but..." he says as he is blushing a little bit.

Juvia was confused to what Gray is saying.

"How about we go out sometime?" he says not looking at her, his cheeks with a hint of red.

Juvia was surprised to what Gray said.

"L-like a d-date?" Juvia asked him, stumbling on her words.

"Uh, yeah." Gray said now fully red.

Juvia was in shock that it finally happened. Gray confessed to Juvia.

Juvia didn't respond.

"Uh, but if you don't want to, that's fine. It's a dumb idea, anyways, so—." he said as he was interrupted by Juvia hugging her.

She was tearing up and said, "Juvia waited for a long time for Gray-sama to say those words to Juvia."

He hugged her back and said, "And it took me a long time to finally realise my feelings for you, Juvia."

PRESENT

"Gray, we're here." Erza says to Gray as he's broken from the flashback and they finally made it to the cemetery.

Gray asked Erza, "Hey Erza, it's okay to move on and letting her go, right?"

She looks at him and all she saw on Gray's face was sorrow and depression.

"Yeah. Leave everything in the past and look into the future and keep moving forward." Erza said to him.

(Then, the prologue but I'm too lazy to write it again here.)