Chapter 1.5: New Enemies and New Friends

Thursday morning
Song: Baepsae

Jimin was pretty sure he fainted, or at least he wished he had in order to escape this embarrassment. Oh my god. Someone please erase me from this planet.

Without a moment of hesitation (but acute, tremendous trepidation), Jimin dashed over to Taehyung. "Let's go!" Jimin declared a bit too cheerily.

"But why? I just started talking to Welsheet," Taehyung whined.

Taehyung please shut up for now! Jimin mentally begged. He made an effort to physically pull Taehyung away.

"Park Jimin. Is this your brother?" one of Welsheet's friends questioned. Jimin nodded his head. Oh wait, I don't really feel like losing my dignity right now. Taehyung who?! Jimin shook his head. Taehyung frowned at that.

"Ha! He's cute!" another of Welsheet's friends cried. An unnoticeable blush made its way to Taehyung's cheeks.

"Park Jimin. Take your brother and leave," the boy dressed in all black ordered. He hovered at a significant height above Jimin. His dark coal eyes bore no expression.

Jimin barked, "Excuji- excuse me?! I'm older than you. Speak in honorific terms."

"You are making too much noise," the boy responded coldly.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. "He's the one making noise!" he disputed, jabbing a finger at the boy who called him cute. The boy was still squealing over Taehyung.

"Hoseok, shut up," the other friend sighed.

"But Yoongi, I didn't say anything," Hoseok grumbled.

"Taehyung. We're leaving," Jimin said loftily. He snapped at the unknown boy, "We meant to leave anyway."

Jimin grabbed Taehyung's arm, pulling him away from the three boys. Another boy walked past them. Oh god. It's Cheolsoo. This spells trouble. Jimin brought Taehyung a safe distance away, just around the corner of the lockers. But still, it'd be free drama to watch. "Jimin? What are you doing?" Taehyung queried, sticking his head out over Jimin's shoulder. "Watch. Welcome to the six hundred thousandth episode of Cheolsoo Being An Idiot, featuring more idiots."

"Jungkook... shortie and the lunatic. The perfect group of friends," Cheolsoo sneered. Oh. His name isn't 'Welsheet'. Jungkook merely stood there, his eyes still void of any emotion. Was it amusement? No, not exactly. It reflected indifference, Taehyung contemplated. On the other hand, the boy whom he learnt was called Yoongi was chuckling. Hoseok pouted.

Cheolsoo continued with a smug smile, "And now... you've stooped so low that you're chatting with Jimin, that midget?"

Oh no he didn't.

Jimin, apoplectic with rage, stormed up to Cheolsoo. "Cheolsoo you're lucky to be tall. Because it makes up somewhat for your stupidity," Jimin snarled. He immediately regretted speaking up. This was a mistake but I might as well go through with it.

"What did you say?! You... Ha. I don't even know your name."

"Learn it. J - I - M - I - N. Oh, my apologies. You probably failed at learning the alphabet as a kid, seeing that you can't even think logically." Adrenaline was pumping through Jimin, pushing him past lines that he would otherwise not dare to cross. Still, some part of Jimin told him, This is extremely bad... maybe I should just apologise? Hell no! I'm seriously going to drag this argument to my grave.

Jimin anticipated Cheolsoo's next blow. No matter what Cheolsoo had to say to him, he would retaliate one way or another. Except, he had not prepared himself for a physical blow. A flame arrow was flying towards Jimin, its tip flickering against the light. No one had any time to react, including Jimin himself.