Chapter 11: Anything For You

Wednesday afternoon
Song: Attack on Bangtan

Taehyung awakened in the hospital ward to a white ceiling and the overpowering smell of disinfectant. Where am I? Head spinning, he fought against his pounding headache which made it difficult for him to sit up. Taehyung assessed the room he was in...

What on Cvuldir! Taehyung nearly let out a shriek of surprise. Jungkook had fallen asleep in a chair beside him, his head lolling back. Against the attackers, Jungkook was feared, a nightmare unleashed upon the enemy. But here, when he was sound asleep in a chair, Taehyung found Jungkook seemingly good-natured, perhaps one might even consider him to be adorable.

Jungkook opened his eyes.

Taehyung freaked out even further, his shock knocking him onto the bed. Crap. I was looking right at him. "Uh... where's Jimin?" he asked, covering up his embarrassment.

"Jimin was healed yesterday night. He insisted on attending school today to watch Yoongi in the finals of the tournament," Jungkook replied. Taehyung grumbled, "He chose to watch Yoongi over me, eh?" Jimin is head over heels for that guy. "Well, that tournament is important," Taehyung reasoned to himself.

Wait, isn't Jungkook a finalist too? Taehyung recalled. He asked, "What about you? What are you doing here?"

"I forfeited the tournament," said Jungkook impassively yet decidedly.

Taehyung was thunderstruck. "Sorry for causing you to miss out," Taehyung apologised. Not that I forced him to stay here with me... Jungkook retorted, "I don't need the prize money." Taehyung would have laughed at Jungkook's surety that he would win first place, but laughing hurt his abdomen. Jungkook rambled, "And spectating the tournament would be too boring for me." Taehyung snickered. Jungkook here has the strangest rea-

"I also wanted to make sure that you were alright," Jungkook continued, his eyes meeting Taehyung's. Jungkook has the strangest reasons for his actions. Taehyung tried not to blush, but did so anyway. He blurted out, "Why do you care so much about me? I mean we just met."

Jungkook blinked. He stuttered, "I...I don't-"

Hoseok barged into the room, followed by Yoongi, Jimin, Namjoon and Seokjin. Hoseok yelled, "Yoongi won against Cheolsoo! Let's celebrate in honor of the winner of this year's tournament!" Jimin whacked Hoseok in the arm as he hissed, "Not the time, Hoseok. We're here to see my brother."

Seokjin passed Taehyung a bouquet of flowers, pink camellia and purple lilacs the most noticeable of the bunch. Taehyung expressed his heartfelt thanks. "Thank Jungkook. He hasn't left the hospital since you were admitted, so he texted us to get you flowers," said Jimin with a mischievous grin. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, who refused to look in his direction.

While the rest of them checked up on Taehyung, Yoongi walked over and passed a file to Jungkook. The file consisted of pictures of men and identity reports on each of the men. "Are those the attackers?" Seokjin asked, peering at the reports. Yoongi nodded. "What a useful skill," Namjoon remarked. Yoongi dusted his sleeves as he retorted, "Just have a shitload of money and a shitload of power and you can bribe whoever you want."

"Hold up, hold up. Let me take a look at those identity reports," Namjoon said, walking over to Yoongi's place. He recognised the attackers as gang members of the most powerful gang in South Korea, the Red Axe. "The Red Axe? Why would they want Taehyung?" Seokjin inquired, shaking his head in confusion. "Have you done anything to offend them before?" Hoseok asked, squinting at the reports. Taehyung denied doing so.

Jimin tugged at his hair. "The Red Axe. We have to protect Taehyung from them."

"No, Jimin. I want to get stronger to defend myself. I don't want to be weak anymore," Taehyung said, his tone unmistakably sanguine and voice full of confidence.