Chapter 23.3: Death doesn't Discriminate

Sunday midnight
Song: Run

The rest of them were astonished by Jungkook's act. He injected the masked man with his own vial. Excellent, that'd give him a taste of his own medicine, Yoongi thought, a smirk emerging on his face. They waited for the fire soldiers to vanish, just as their powers had.

But it never happened. Instead, the fire soldiers promptly marched to the sides of the shed and stood in two separate lines, which were perfectly parallel to the walls.

Jungkook stumbled to the ground. He was worn out from warping through space and fighting half of the fire soldiers on his own. The masked man got up from his chair, seeming to float in the air for a couple of seconds before drifting downwards from the chair. He sauntered over to Jungkook at a painstakingly slow speed. Jungkook could not move.

Hoseok scrambled to get to his feet, but was completely paralysed. The rest of them faced similar fates. The masked man grinned as he said, "Smart move." His teeth were brutishly pointed, a savage glint shamelessly flashed in his eyes as he continued, "But the chemical does not disable fire elemental powers."

The realisation hit Jungkook: That was why they had taken out Seokjin first.

Feelings of despair flooded the rest of them, whose attempts to help Jungkook were in vain. None of them could move. Besides the extortion of their elemental magic, they had been overcome by physical exhaustion.

The masked man did not stop smiling as he complimented Jungkook, "I must admit that I admire your courage."

A flame burnt fiercely in the masked man's right hand. It shifted into the shape of a sword, sizzling, crackling, then roaring. With a sword of fire in hand, the masked man raised it above Jungkook's head and sliced downwards.

Thud.