Chapter 12: Salty Seas

Thursday morning
Song: Ddaeng

"You sure you're alright? You just got discharged yesterday night," Jimin asked out of concern. Taehyung reassured him that he was fine. The both of them chanced upon Hoseok and Yoongi in the corridors.

Hoseok overwhelmed Taehyung with questions to ensure that he was feeling well enough to attend school. "Where's Jungkook?" Taehyung queried, eyes darting about the corridors to look for a familiar face. Yoongi shrugged. "Strange that you don't go to school with Jungkook," Jimin commented. "We go in separate limos," Yoongi explained, at which the rest of them gaped.

Taehyung's necklace glowed faintly. Immediately wary of their surroundings, Taehyung turned around, only to see Cheolsoo approaching them. He had his arm in a cast. "That coward. First he backs out of finals, and now he's skipping school?" Cheolsoo scoffed, spitting the words with the same fire that burned in his eyes.

Yoongi sighed. He reached in his pocket for a stash of money and passed it to Cheolsoo. "For your medical bills," said Yoongi. Cheolsoo refuted, "I was not giving my all during the finals."

Taehyung sucked in a breath. Bless Cvuldir for what I'm about to say. "Cheolsoo, having too much salt in your bloodstream is unhealthy. Excess sodium increases blood pressure because it holds excess fluid in the body, and that creates an added burden on the heart. Too much sodium will increase your risk of stroke, heart failure, osteoporosis, stomach cancer..." Taehyung was interrupted by Jimin, who questioned while cracking up, "Where did you get that from and why do you have it memorised?"

"If you sit beside Namjoon who recites aloud everything he reads on the internet at least twenty times, you'd learn a lot of things," Taehyung tittered in amusement. Cheolsoo, fuming with anger, insisted, "I could have beaten Yoongi if I had tried!"

Yoongi snarled, "Okay, sure. Want me to beat up your ass again?" Jimin burst out into uncontrollable laughter.

"What's so funny?" Cheolsoo demanded to know. He stepped up to Jimin, only to be pushed back by Yoongi.

"Look who it is," Cheolsoo said snidely. Seoyeon, the student whom Jungkook knocked out during the semi-finals, was headed in their direction. "You and Jungkook are getting in trouble for causing severe damage to Seoyeon. You know her father is rich and powerful," Cheolsoo snarkily remarked, a grin way too wide stretched across his face.

Seoyeon overheard and halted beside Cheolsoo. She looked at him, thanked him for speaking on her behalf then told Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung, "Jungkook won fair and square. I have no reason to hold grudges against him." She turned to Cheolsoo and said, "I suggest you stop disturbing them or causing any sort of trouble... or my rich and powerful father might fire your father." She winked, then strutted off, while Cheolsoo was left speechless. Face reddening, Cheolsoo walked away. Jimin laughed harder. "This is awesome!" he yowled.

Yoongi smiled.