Chapter 7: Wasted Ticket,

Sunday morning
Song: Ma City

Taehyung rose earlier than the rest of them. He was jumping for joy at six o'clock in the morning. Literally. And in Jimin's bedroom. On Jimin's bed. Jimin winced at the pain Taehyung was inflicting on the bottom half of his body, specifically that one toe he was violently trampling on.

"Taehyung. Get off."

7 o' clock. Taehyung had been running around his bedroom, presumably looking for an outfit, which was inferred from the sounds of the clanking of clothing hangers and thuds of cloth falling to the ground. Next thing anyone knew, there was a particularly loud thud. Taehyung had fallen to the ground after trying to reach for a shoebox placed at the top row of his wardrobe.

"Taehyung. Be quiet!" Jimin shouted.

8 o'clock. Jimin's mother woke up. She was surprised to find Taehyung awake, and even more surprised that Taehyung had made his own breakfast - burnt toast with overcooked eggs. Jumping and running around had tired him out, so he had to regain some energy from food. Mrs Park made proper breakfast for Taehyung.

9 o'clock. Taehyung was back in Jimin's bedroom, attempting to convince Jimin to wake up and get dressed so that they could depart for Everland. Jimin released an angry shout, finally getting out of bed. Taehyung rejoiced. The art of perseverance.

Jimin, unbothered to dress for the occasion, threw on a plain white tee with denim jeans. In contrast, Taehyung turned into a walking lollipop with all the colours he had going on. A splash of pastel decorated Taehyung's shirt; gradients of blue woven into the fabric of his jeans.

"Breakfast is ready!" Mrs Park chirped.

~

"Mr Smiles can't come today?" Namjoon said nonchalantly, playing with the hem on his shirt.

"Nope, said he was busy," Seokjin muttered. Hoseok is usually free on Sundays. I wonder what he's up to?

"They're there!" Namjoon pointed at two boys dressed in opposite moods. They all rejoice upon managing to find one another amongst the large crowd.

"Where shall we start first?" Taehyung said eagerly. The last ticket went to waste, but that did not stop Namjoon, Seokjin, Taehyung and Jimin from having fun.

~

The four of them were in a buoyant mood when they reached the shooting booth. They had been rolling competitive games one after the other, often having to split into pairs: Namjoon with Seokjin and Jimin with Taehyung. So far, team Namjin had been winning consistently.

The carnival shooting game began. Namjoon and Seokjin knelt in front of one of the carnival guns, aiming it at the target boards that popped up and down from time to time. Their shots were quick and precise. Team Vmin on the other hand, were struggling to take clear-cut shots at the target boards.

"Jimin. You aim with the gun. I'll use water geysers," Taehyung whispered. "Taehyung, we heard that. No cheating," Seokjin warned. Taehyung protested that it was not cheating, but an advantage that he had.

The carnival game ended with team Namjin taking the win yet again. They decided to go bowling next. The queue was long, but it gave the boys some time to bond over lame jokes, with ninety percent of moments being Seokjin telling a joke while the rest of them awkwardly laughed.

"What do you call a fake noodle?" Seokjin had already started laughing before he finished the joke. "Impasta!" he said more enthusiastically than anyone else could have been. The rest of them facepalmed simultaneously, while Seokjin laughed wholeheartedly at his own joke.

Jimin found it ridiculous that throughout the first and second round of their bowling game, team Namjin triumphed over team Vmin, not letting a single win slide. By the time they played the third round, Jimin was seething with anger. Taehyung immediately sensed that something was wrong. Is that steam... coming out of Jimin's ears?

Namjoon seemed to have a knack for knocking the bowling pins over, as he had with every other object. Another strike by Namjoon. That was Jimin's last straw. When Taehyung's turn was over, Jimin stomped to the bowling lane on their side. He picked up a bowling ball with sure conviction. Jimin swung his hand backwards and let loose a ear-piercing shriek of vengeance. The bowling ball rolled forward with great velocity, effectively avoiding the gutter and knocking down all bowling pins, and causing a vibration so vigorous that the bowling pins on team Namjin's lane were knocked over too.

Namjoon, Seokjin and Taehyung stared at Jimin in sheer awe.

"Get away from my booth, y'all rascals!" the booth's owner demanded.

~

Taehyung suggested that they eat some cotton candy and before going on some rides. As they waited in line to get cotton candy, a familiar face approached them.

"Hoseok?" Taehyung exclaimed. There Hoseok was, his face glowing with a radiant smile. "I thought you were busy!" Seokjin said hotly. Then it came to his realisation that Hoseok was accompanied by a girl. Hoseok introduced her as Ami.

Hoseok and Ami joined the rest of them in the queue, earning some unsatisfied grunts from the people standing in line behind them. The cotton candy was fluffy and frothy, a sweet confection whipped from spun sugar. It melted into a puddle of sugary sweetness in their mouths. All of them traipsed through the crowd, looking onto random booths as they devoured their mouth-watering cotton candy. The only problem was that Hoseok had bought not one, not two, but three large cups of cotton candy. It was doubtful whether he would be able to finish it.

The six of them went on a ferris wheel and intense roller coasters, with the exception of Jimin who chose not to set himself up for another vomiting occasion. With the adrenaline of being high up in the air, everyone found that time was passing too quickly. It was truly a fun-filled afternoon. After descending from their last roller coaster, they returned to where Jimin sat at a nearby bench.

"Uh... is that..." Hoseok stammered, looking in the direction of a particular someone. Black coat, black jeans, timberland shoes, with a plan white tee. It was a recognisable outfit.

"Jeon Jungkook," Namjoon concluded.

And walking alongside him? It was Lisa.