Chapter 12.5: JK stands for Just Kidding

Thursday morning
Song: Move

The thought of texting Jungkook on his whereabouts had crossed Taehyung's mind, but he soon realised that he did not have his number. Unable to pay attention during lessons, Taehyung fumbled with his stationery and folded the pages of his textbook into dog ears. Jimin noticed that Taehyung was distracted.

"Taehyung, you alright?" Jimin whispered.

"Park Jimin, stop talking," the teacher ordered, peering through the rectangular frame of his spectacles. Jimin sighed deliberately.

~

During breaktime, Jimin decided to check up on Taehyung, verifying if he was alright. He joked around with Taehyung, but Taehyung remained unresponsive, picking mindlessly at his food with a fork.

"Taehyung... I have something to confess," Jimin declared, "My parents are actually werewolves." Taehyung gave a half-hearted response, "That's pretty cool."

Taehyung's not listening. "Yeah! They uh... eat people and stuff," Jimin prattled.

"Me too."

"Wait what?"

"Yeah, hilarious," Taehyung said with an enigmatic smile.

"I have an obsession with Yoongi," Jimin said in an attempt to get Taehyung's attention. Just a harmless white lie.

Taehyung was poker-faced. "Hey, are you still shaken about yesterday's attack?" Jimin inquired.

The answer was "no". Taehyung knew that the memories of yesterday's attack would haunt him for a while, but for now, there was something else burdening his mind. We were saved by two people, one of whom is missing right now. "Yes," lied Taehyung in order to cover up his concern for Jungkook.

At this juncture, someone emerged from under the table that Jimin and Taehyung were at. "Oh my god!" Jimin screamed.

Hoseok slowly repeated after Jimin, "I have an obsession with Yoongi. Top ten Jimin's quotes." Taehyung raised an eyebrow at Jimin, who hollered a war-cry directed at Hoseok. And so, Jimin learnt the true meaning of humiliation.