Is the world turning on me?

Katy pov

Thank god it was now Saturday I could lay in my bed and eat ice-cream and chill with Netflix.
"Hey sis"
Jay shoved his head in my through my room door after knocking.
"Yes jay?" I said while getting up from my bed.
"I was wondering if you can help me bake some cupcakes?"
He rubbed his hands on his neck nervously,I wonder why.
"Yes sure but why do you want cupcakes?"
" Because I asked mom and she said she couldn't because she had to go out and buy presents for the new neighbours who are moving in later in the house next door"
"Ok, But let me freshen up first"
" You should you look like a dead horse"
" Hey I don't smell nor look that bad, unlike you when you wake in the morning you look as if a tornado hit and you were caught in the middle of it".
We burst out in laughter and I shoved him out of my room. I had a five minute shower and put on a blue stripped rompa .

I put my hair in a loose ponytail and headed downstairs to see my dad putting on his shoes

"Hi dad" I said while kissing him on his cheek.
"Hi Princess"he said and hugged me
"Hey Kate you coming?"
"Yeah yeah I'm coming!"
" well see you later dad"
"Later princess "
I walked out of the the living room into the kitchen to see jay trying to mix the dough. Key word try for he some how got the whole room to be a mess. I mean there is flour every where even on the ceiling.
"Jay what are you doing!" I asked for he was trying to use the mixer to crack the eggs.
"Baking?"he said well more like ask.
"And how did you manage to get floor on the ceiling?, you know what I don't even want to know "
"Ok" he said happily while wiping him hands on his jeans,ew.
" And would you mind telling me why you want to bake cupcakes out of nowhere?"
""Yes I would mind"
"Jayyyyyyyy"I pouted causing him to chuckle
"Fine, Fine, I read somewhere that you can I impress a girl by baking and I so happens that sofie likes cupcakes "
"Ok so who is the sofie person?"
"Her name is Sofia Hayes and I think I might like her" he blushed
Oh my food he freaking blushed.
"Sis calmed down the vein in your neck is about to pop and-"
He was cut of by me giving a blood curling scream that could be heard miles away
" Oh my god,what is she like? Do I know her? Does she goes to your school?where does she live?!"I rushed out all in one breath.
"Sis,"jay came and put his hands on my shoulders, "I'll give you all the details later but first we have cupcakes to make  and mom text not too long ago and said to bake a cake to bring to the neighbours".
While he said this I pout.
"Well what are you waiting for?! Lets get baking. Grab the eggs and don't get any shell in the bowl this time!"I ordered
Two messy hours later we step back to admire our work for there in front of us stood a tray of cupcakes and two two cakes. Two cakes because when mom bring one over to the neighbours we wouldn't have any left for us to eat.We made plain cake for the neighbours because everybody loves that , as well as a red velvet for us.
"Yes! Finally we are finished I think I need a shower" Jay said while wiping the counters off.
"I think you both need a shower" I answer putting away the reminder ingredients.

We finished cleaning up and head up to the shower. Went to my walk in closet and pick out an gray and black outfit

 Went to my walk in closet and pick out an gray and black outfit

After taking a 40 minute shower I emerged from my bathroom with towel around my body and a smaller one in my hair seeing as how Jay added flour to it

After taking a 40 minute shower I emerged from my bathroom with towel around my body and a smaller one in my hair seeing as how Jay added flour to it. I put on my underwear and clothes. I then blowed dry my hair and plait it to my back.
Going down stairs I see jay cutting the red velvet cake
"Cut a slice for me will you"I said grabbing a saucer to put it on and a fork.
"Sure sis"
I got my cake then head back to room leaving jay to box up the cupcakes and take them to Sofia.

      The movie I was watching had long since finished and I went down again.  Taking my plate down to the kitchen I saw my mom walk in with gift bags.
"Did you make the cake that I asked for?"she asked resting the bags on the island.
"

Yes I did"
"Good I'm going to change then we can go bring it over and those presents" she points at the shopping bags.
"Do you know how much kids they have? " I asked
"Two, a boy and a girl.  I think the boy is your age"
  Well my age I hope he is hot I haven't been seeing any cute guts lately. Except for Kyle my subconscious taunts. Shut up

A few minutes alter my mom came back down sporting a flower designed bloused and some skinny jeans.
"Look at my mom all dressed up"
"Oh please this is what I look like every day"she smiled
Their how wasn't  far at all , for about ten steps then I  were at their front door knocking.Mom had ran back to the house to get a gift that dad had bought and left in the room.I heard some voice inside shouted that they'll get it.
His voice was deep and muscular I could tell it was a older guy. The door opened revealing a guy that looked in his thirties the early part anyway. He had dark brown hair and green eyes that had a hint of mischief.
"Hi in Katherine Simpson and I'll be your new neighbor,  I baked a cake as a home welcoming gift." I started blabbering.
He chuckled " Nice to meet you Katherine I'm-"
"Holy cookie! Ryan what in the pickle are you doing here!?" My mom exclaimed
Atleast  you now know where I get my  cursing skills from.
" Violet its been ages !" he hugged my mom.
" Honey who's at the door?"
A lady appeared who looked the similar to my mom the only thing is that her hair is shorter at her shoulder at is jet black. Her eyes were hazel and she had a round kind face.
"Babe look its Violet"the guy name Ryan said.
"Shut the pretzels!Violet!" the woman screamed of who in guessing is her husbands ears then embraced my mom so tight. My mom's grip as just as tight. They both landed on the floor
" Rebecca! I missed you so much, how are you!" Mom asked still on the floor.
"Well in great now that I seen you!"
Their excitement radiating of each other.
"Come on lets go inside" Ryan motioned
We walked in to see they have already finished unpacking.  The house already had that homey feeling to it.
"Katherine you can go and put the cake in the kitchen please" Rebecca said pointing at a door.
Ok I walked away still confused as to what is happened .
   I put the cake on the counter and was about to walk out when I heard  a very familiar voice , it was different from Ryan's .
"Mom is there any cookie left on the kitchen.
The next minute I see a boy walked in. My back was turned to him as I was looking out the window. When I turned around he was in the fridge but he looked so familiar . Hi voice sounded like someone I know. He turned and I was meet with blue eyes. I couldn't control the words that came out of my mouth next.
"You have got to be freaking kidding me!"

Author's Note

So hey guys . sorry I took so long to update but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you lovely readers who kept my book and waited patiently on me. You have no idea how much that means to me .and I also want to say thank you juwairiyyaELYaqubYah for adding my book to your reading list. Its a honor.  Well guys until next time you know  what to do.

Sunbea