LATE NIGHT DRIVE

LATE NIGHT DRIVE

So, somehow it's 2am, and we're driving.

Him and I.

But it's not the boring everyday kind of driving that everyone's used to. It's that middle of the night, no care in the world, surreal kind of driving. That kind of driving that you try to describe, but none can truly comprehend until they're driving in the dark with that certain song playing, and that certain person is sitting in the passenger seat, and it's 2am and suddenly your city has never seemed this beautifully calm. And we're driving.

Him and I.

And god, this has to be the worst combination I've seen in my life. And god, he's so out of my league. And god, I'm so awkward. But somehow it works. And we're driving.

Him and I.

And i don't even know what we're talking about, but we're talking, so that's a start. We're not having some deep conversation like I feel is required on this kind of drive, we're just talking. About nothing. About everything. About how I hate the taste of that one food we had that one time at that one restaurant. And how he used to act back then and he swears he's changed so much. And how I hate the look of windbreakers but he swears I just haven't seen the nice looking ones, and how I only hate them because for anyone that hasn't seen a nice one, windbreakers carry the mental image of that one bright coloured ugly windbreaker everyone's mom had in like the 90's. And we're driving.

Him and I.

And he swears I haven't lived life until I've seen every Quentin Tarantino movie known to man, and god I'm laughing so hard and he makes me so happy. And he's laughing so hard and I think I might make him happy too. And we're driving.

Him and I.

Until we're there.