HEARTBREAK

HEARTBREAK

And sure we were in love but love doesn't pay the bills and love can't fix my head and the demons within.

Love can't heal the words you scream and it can't hide the sound of doors slamming, of sobs that come from anger. We were in love, but it was never enough.

Love doesn't hold a family together, you know. not on its own. It takes trust and communication and love SHOULD come with all that but sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes you think you can build a home on the grounds of sex and whispered nothings but when something's built on a foundation so weak then the house will always come crashing down.

Hearts break easy. they're fragile. Sometimes, all it takes is a few words or a cold shoulder and that's it. Hearts can look like they're made of steel but it doesn't matter, a simple "I don't love you anymore" and the crack runs deep. But not that I'd know. it's common knowledge that writers don't have hearts.

Sometimes you don't expect heartbreak, the same way you don't always expect love. Some days it's the storm on the horizon but often times you don't even know it's there until the rain splatters onto your skin, until one day you walk in and your spot in the bed is filled with someone else's body. It's always hard to tell, you know?

We were in love. but we were young and stupid and thought that was all it took.

We were in love.

So what?