MOON OF MY LIFE

MOON OF MY LIFE

Tell me a secret. About how the stars really do know my name. And at night, in the thick of it, they shine a little brighter just to break through my curtains.

Tell me that the stars, all of them, the billions on billions of them, each individually know every letter of my name and no one else's. That I'm special to every space between the universe where the stars lie.

Tell me a secret. That the moon only exists for me. Crafted from the hands of loving gods who used me as their beloved muse.

Tell me the ripples of the tide and the foam of the sea exist only for my eyes. That all others are merely spectators in a museum, observing what is not theirs. Whisper into my ear and tell me that the flowers bloom only when I am near. Bees make honey for me to taste. The mountains stand a little taller for me to gaze and watch the peaks be swallowed by clouds. That the trees groan and creak to bend down so I may climb them and watch the world from above.

Tell me a secret. Whether true or not. That the solar system aligned itself purely for the earth to flourish, so I could flourish. That among the planets, bigger than I, they spin around the sun for my admiration.

Tell me you love me, and only me, beneath 7 billion others you would rather hold my withered hand and sing me to sleep.

Please, tell me a secret, I'm itching for one to carry at the bottom of my stomach and keep it forever. So long, that not even the grave shall know what you said to me.