16

a smol chapter that's been in my drafts forever so i'm using it as a filler

avery was laying on one end of sam's couch with her head resting in colby's lap as he toyed with one of her braids

avery was laying on one end of sam's couch with her head resting in colby's lap as he toyed with one of her braids. she tried to keep her attention on sam as he explained the game and told them the rules, but the way colby's hand began to run across her cheek made her fade away.

"okay, i'm gunna head in the hallway while they hide," sam said to the camera as he left and they all scrambled to find good hiding spots. avery had been planning her spot out since sam had asked them to do this and she was ready to win.

she ran to the bathroom and crawled in the tub, scrunching up into a ball. she doubted sam would feel around in there and she thought it was foolproof.

when sam announced that he was inside and ready to find them, avery froze and listened as multiple people were found. when she heard footsteps entering the bathroom she held her breath and just as she expected, sam didn't check inside the tub. she grinned to herself when he left and she heard his sigh of defeat.

"i need to find colby, avery, and mike still," sam groaned as he felt around the kitchen in hopes of getting one of the three out. someone padded into the bathroom and avery kept her eyes shut because she didn't want sam to feel her gaze on him.

a hand covered her mouth and she jumped, her eyes popping open as she saw colby with a finger pressed to his lips.

"what the fuck are you doing?" she whispered as he sat on the edge of the tub. she got on her knees between his legs and stared at him, confusion the only evident emotion on her face. instead of answering he placed his hands on her cheeks and brought her lips to his, but she pulled away and glared at him. "colby."

"shh, he already checked in here," he reassured and kissed her again. she gave in and groaned as he sucked on her bottom lip and he mumbled into the kiss, "be quiet."

"i heard something," sam beamed at the camera and rushed into the bathroom. he moved his hand throughout the room before it finally came in contact with colby's head, then avery's and he shot them both. he pulled his blindfold off and stared at them quizzically. "what the hell were you guys doing?"

"you gave my spot away," avery whined as she crossed her arms and left the bathroom. colby muttered a soft sorry and he rubbed the back of his neck before laughing into the camera. "he shot me last, so technically i still win."

"yeah," colby rolled his eyes and sam confirmed that avery did win. he shamelessly promoted his merch before turning off his camera and then informed everyone he was ordering chinese food. they told him what they wanted and then they all sprawled out across his living room as they waited for it to arrive.

"so, what do win?" avery piped up after the group had fallen silent. everyone laughed, except kat who was sound asleep in sam's grip.

"bragging rights," sam shot back quietly so he didn't wake the peaceful girl in his arms. "but really, what were you guys doing in there?"

"nothing," colby mumbled.

"he just had to come and kiss me," avery scoffed, playfully glaring at the boy sat beside her.

"you guys are so cute," tara squealed from jake's arms and he nodded to agree. avery only shook her head because she thought the two of them were just some stupid couple who were hopelessly in love in a much too cruel world.

"we know," colby smirked and he leaned into avery and wrapped his arms around her torso with a grin on his face.

the world may be ugly but avery made it beautiful to him.