Better Son

A/N: Hi peoples! Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. Life's been hectic and I've been in a sort of slump lately. But I'm back. I got inspo for this from a Loki comic dub, which will be linked at the end. This one-shot features the gen z crew. Anyways enjoy!

*********************************************************************************************

Third Person P.O.V

Everything was going great. All of our favorite heroes sat in the common room, relaxing after the latest mission. The " Gen Z Crew" sat in their secluded corner of the rm, making vine references and talking the latest science trends. Suddenly Morgan grew quiet. She looked up at Loki with big brown does eyes, a feature that ran in the stark family. " Big brother Loki, will you tell me one of your stories, about Asgard?" Everyone in the room froze and turned slowly to see Loki's reaction. They all know that Loki hated talking about his past, especially of his times in Asgard. But Loki smiled at the small child and began weaving a tale. Morgan crawled into his lap and listened. And even if they weren't all looking, everyone was listening. " Well, my father, Odin was the All-Father, King of Asgard and Ruler of the Nine Realms. In order to gain that power and title, however, he killed and pillaged across the universe to gain power, with my older sister, Hela by his side and a very large army, he was unstoppable. But eventually, he had stopped rampaging and began to settle down. Well, my sister did not like this, insisting that they could conquer more than nine realmes, getting a sort of high from the rampaging and war. But my father dismissed her and, after going insane, banishing my sister to the underworld. A few millennia later, Odin settled down and married my mother, Frigga and had Thor. Then, a few centuries after that, father raged war on Jotunheim, the kingdom of the Frost Giants. On the last day of the war, Odin found something on the battlefield. A small blue baby boy. He took the child back to Asgard and adopted him as his own. The child's name was Loki." Morgan beamed a bright smile and poked Loki's chest. " That's you! " Loki chuckled " Yes that's me" Loki cleared his throat and continued with the story. " I grew up being left behind and pushed into my brother's shadow. But still, I was smart and cunning. I pulled amazing pranks and mastered magic at a very young age. For example, after my mother taught me shape-shifting magic, I became a snake because Thor loved snakes so he picked me up to admire me and I stabbed him. I was four at the time. There were a few chuckles and frightened faces and Loki smirked and continued with his story. " Anyways, when I was ten and Thor was 15, my father took us into the Vault, where things like the Tesseract and Eternal Flame were kept. But that's not what we went to see. My father showed us the Casket of Eternal Winters, something he had taken from Laufey, the King of Frost Giants during the war." Morgan's face scrunched up. " Why did Odin take the Casket?" " Well, Laufey tried to use the Casket to destroy the nine realms and take Asgard for himself, starting with Earth. Anyhow, he said to us " But the day will come when one of you will have to defend the peace. " Do the Frost Giants still live?" I asked him. Before he got a chance to answer Thor said " When I'm king, I'll hunt the monsters down and slay them all. Just as you did father!" My father smiled and told us "A wise king never seeks out war, but he must always be ready for it." Of course, my father lied and filled me with false hopes of being king, knowing he can never have a frost giant on the throne. But that is as far as I am willing to go with that story. Any more questions?" No one answered. Then Steve cleared his throat. " Here we go." Peter thought to himself. Steve had never really excepted the fact that Loki had reformed and joined the team. Sure, everyone had their doubts and at times, some still do. But Steve hated Loki with a fiery passion. " Loki, Have you ever considered that if you had been a better son than you would've gotten the throne? Thor didn't want to rule and didn't give the throne to his brother but to some complete stranger, who probably doesn't have any training on ruling a kingdom whatsoever. Even so, Thor was so taken to Earth that it seems he didn't want to rule from the beginning. It seems you've crewed it up for yourself. Loki froze. Carefully, he put Morgan down and stood slowly, his head bowed so that his ebony hair acted as a curtain. " If I was.... a better son?" He asked slowly, menacingly he began to cackle and snapped his neck up to look into the eyes, the soul of Steve Rogers. Then......

he snapped

" I WAS THE BEST SON ANY PARENT COULD'VE ASKED FOR! I WAS KIND! I WAS POLITE! FOR TEN STRAIGHT YEARS I WAS PERFECT!" Deadly ice began to crawl up the walls, and Loki began to turn a slight blue in the face, but no one noticed.

" TEN YEARS OF -- OF MANNERS AND ROYAL PARTIES! OF TIGHT PRNCE ROBES AND STUDY LESSONS THAT LASTED SO LONG I NEVER GOT TO MAKE ANY FRIENDS!"

The ice grew higher, and there was a chill in the room, yet it still went unnoticed. All eyes were on Loki.

"TEN YEARS OF FORCED SMILES AND TRYING SO HARD TO IGNORE THE MUTTERED DISAPPROVAL AND PITIED GLANCES ODIN GAVE ME! TEN YEARS OF THOR!"

Loki's face began to become even bluer, and two nubs came out of his forehead.

"ALWAYS " YOU SHOULD BE MORE LIKE THOR" AND " I WISH YOU DID MORE AS THOR DID AT YOUR AGE!"

Loki began to tremble, while tears streamed down his, now completely blue, face, His eyes were now a deep crimson red.

"I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT! I LOVED THEM! THEY WERE MY PARENTS BUT I WASN'T -"

Loki stopped and looked around. Everybody had mixed look of pity and fear in their faces. But poor Morgan was petrified. He looked down at his hands and gasped silently and began to repress his Frost Giant side once more, and little by little he became pale, the room got warmer, and  the ice began to fade. He took a shuttering breath and wiped his eyes. He looked down at the ground.

" I was never their son. "

He looked around once more and ran upstairs to his room.

Everyone looked around at each other. The Gen Z's immediately got up and went to follow him. Peter ran passed Steve and stopped.

" You just don't know when to quit, do you?" and continued to run to Loki's room.

Loki's friends stood outside of his door.

" Loki, let us in. It's ok we just want to help." Peter said, trying to coax Loki into unlocking the door.

" Go away," Loki said " I'm a monster, a screwup. I'm dangerous and you shouldn't hang out with me anymore."

The kids all looked around at one another. This was bad.

Peter sighed, he knew this was a breach of privacy but could just stand around and listen to his friend cry. " Friday, override lock code on door 34." " Please provide override code" " Override code 121720011." " Code excepted, here you are mister Parker." The door unlocked with a simple click and the group of friends entered the room. Loki was face down on his bed, his shoulders shaking with silent sobs. His friends ran over and sat on the bed. "Loki stop crying its ok." "No, it's, not I never should have snapped or yelled. Now they're going to think in dangerous again." Harley growled" Are you serious? You had every right to yell! Steve should have never said that to you. It was way out of bounds." Penni spoke up. "Harley is right Loki. Steve was out of line especially when he knows how sensitive a topic your past is for you. " Loki sniffled and looked up at the teenagers "But you all saw me at my worse and Morgan was petrified." Morgan spoke up "I wasn't scared I was shocked. I'm sorry that you had to go through that Loki" Ria sighed, "Loki part of being friends is being able to trust each other. To be able to show even the darkest, most vulnerable sides of ourselves." Peter continued, "We have to be able to trust each other not to judge because we support each other." "But you know something Loki?" Loki looked up at Ned as he wiped his eyes. "We're your family and we'll always be there for you no matter what." He smiled. " GROUP HUG!" Ria yelled and dogpiled Loki. After their hug, Ria stood up and turned towards the door. " I heard that the new Interns are here. How about we give them a warm, Stark Industries welcome... VIA PRANK WAR!" The children cheered and ran down the halls causing mischief and chaos. And Loki knew. Sure he didn't have the greatest upbringing but he had a family now, and wouldn't trade it for the world.
****************************************
A/N: I hoped u all liked this. Here's the inspiration video. I'm going to bed now so god night.