Giving It A Try

By the time I got home, I slung my bike down on the ground then ran up the porch. I hit the hole that was in the porch and stumbled forward into the front door.

I opened it then rubbed my head. Tyler came running in, wearing an apron and holding a mixer in his hand. "What happened? Are you ok?"

"Yeah." I slightly laughed. "What's with the..?" I motioned at the apron.

He looks down then back up at me, clearing embarrassed. "I'm baking a cake."

"Why?" I followed him in the kitchen, where it smelt like heaven.

He went back to the bowl that had all the ingredients in. He started mixing then looks over at me. "I wanted something sweet. Plus, I like baking."

I smiled as I crossed my arms, watching him. "Why aren't you married yet?"

He looks at me, smiling. "I haven't found the perfect woman. I'm only twenty. I want to take care of my baby sister. I don't really care at the moment."

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him from behind. "You're the best."

When I pulled back, he looks at me. "Why are you sweaty?" He looks me up and down.

I sigh. "I was peddling the shit out of my bike." I thought back to Miss Kelly and couldn't believe she was stalking me.

"Why?"

I shrug as I watched him. "I just wanted to get some exercise." I walked out of the kitchen and upstairs.

"You don't think you do that enough?" He yelled.

I ignored him as I ran to my room and threw my backpack on the bed. I took my phone out and texted Charles to let him know what happened, plus what Miss Kelly told me.

I knew he'd find it entertaining, which I didn't.

I couldn't stop thinking about why she would do that.

I opened the window in my room then sat on the ledge and looked around. My window faces the back of the house, where I can't see shit except for trees, more trees. A bush. A few houses, which was just their backyards.

The air was calm but it felt great. It was still chilly outside, but I couldn't wait for spring. It felt like forever away and I was just ready for it to be warm, also the flowers where they start to bloom.

I thought about Miss Kelly, ha- when am I not?

I couldn't understand why she would follow me. It didn't make sense.

I sigh as I knew where this was leading to..

We had to talk.

*

I was literally shaking from nervousness throughout the whole morning. I couldn't stop my heart from hammering against my chest or this feeling in my stomach that felt like I was going to puke, but it quickly passed- only to come back in a matter of seconds.

"Are you ok?" Charles asked, clearly worried.

I nod as I took a deep breath. "Just doing my morning breathing."

"Huh?" He gave me a confused look. "What the hell are you talking about?"

I sigh as I lean my head against my locker. "Remember what I texted you last night." He nods, as I could see in the corner of my eye. "It's time for us to talk."

"About freakin' time." He chuckles.

I shut my eyes and groan. "Please shut up. It's not that easy."