Safety

"Why haven't you called Georgia and told her anything? You know it's been a few days, Kenna." Charles had his arms crossed, standing in front of me as I was sitting on my bed.

I shook my head then stared at the floor. "I wanted to wait until my neck was healed. I didn't want her seeing me like that."

He stares at me, not fully understanding what I was saying. "I'm pretty sure she's going to ask where the hell you've been the last few days. What, are you going to lie to her about everything?"

"No." I said, again staring at the floor. "I'll tell her everything but I just didn't want her seeing me right now."

I've been in the emergency room for almost a day since then. They treated my neck and made sure that everything was ok. There wasn't anything major to be concerned about, just that my neck needed some medical attention and I lost a lot of blood.

I wanted to wait until I was healed to see Georgia and I know she's probably wondered why the hell I am. I haven't answered any of her calls or texted her back.

Unfortunately for me, my neck isn't exactly healed and I don't think it ever well be. It's still pretty bad and there will be a marking where Stella was forcefully pressing the chain down on my neck.

It ended up cutting through my skin and leaving a terrible scar that will be there forever.

Thank God I'm alive though.

"When do you plan on going to see her?"

I sighed then looked up at him. "Today. I guess it's better than ignoring her messages and calls."

"Are you going to tell her everything?" He asks as I stand up.

Nodding, I slid on my shoes. "Yes, Charles. I'm going to tell her everything."

"Want me to be there with you?"

Shaking my head, I looked at him. "No, I can do this by myself." I smiled then we both walked out of my room, down the stairs then out of the house.

I wasn't sure on what to expect. Georgia might be pissed at me, no doubt. Maybe if I explain everything to her, she'd understand, but then there's always that voice inside of my head telling me that what I'm about to run into isn't going to go well.

*

Georgia Kelly's POV

Kenna has not called me or text me in three days. I went by her house a few days ago and nobody was home. No cars were in the parking lot and nobody came to the door when I knocked a few times.

I was on the verge of panicking.

I mean, I was already panicking of course, but it was getting to point where I couldn't sleep or eat. I wasn't doing anything but staring at the wall across the room for hours.

Crying myself to sleep was the only help I got. I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't for that.

I kept telling myself over and over again in my head that something happened to her. Something bad happened and I have no idea what that was.

There was no possible way to find out anything.

As I was sitting at the table, holding my cup of coffee, I kept staring at the table with my leg bouncing nonstop.

My anxiety was to the roof right now and there was no way for it to come back down.

I took another sip until I heard someone knocking on my door. I placed my cup down then walked out of the kitchen to the front door.

When I opened it, Kenna was standing there, slightly smiling. "Hi."

Without giving it a second thought, I quickly pull her to me, wrapping my arms around her tightly. I felt her wrap her arms around me and we stayed in that position for a few moments.

When we pulled back, I cupped her face and looked her over before meeting her eyes. "Where have you been? Are you ok? Why haven't you called or texted? I was worried!"

She smiles then grabs my wrists and I quickly pull my hands away. She stares at me for a moment before sighing. "I don't know where to begin."

I grab her hand and lead her to the living room. We sat on the couch and I faced as I wanted to listen to every word she was about to tell me.

Sitting there, listening to everything she was telling me, made my heart beat pretty fast. My emotions were all over the place as she explained everything that happened with Stella.

Then she showed me her neck..

I quickly stood up and ran my hand through my hair. Pacing around the living room, I was trying to process everything.

When I stopped, I turned towards her. "Why would you do that, Kenna? You could have been killed."

She hangs her head. "I was just trying to help."

I quickly walk over and sit next to her, lifted her head up and cupping her face, I smiled at her. "I'm glad you care so much. You should have just got the police involved or let me handle it myself."

"I wanted to do it for you."

I couldn't help but smile. I pull her face towards mine and gently kiss her. I wrap my arms around her and pull her to me. She lays her head on my shoulder and I rub her back as I kissed the side of her head.

"I love you." I spoke softly. I knew she wasn't going to say it back right now, but I just wanted to make sure she knew that I loved her.

Never in a million years did I ever think Stella was capable of doing that. I'm just glad that she's out of my life for good and didn't end up hurting Kenna anymore than she did.

I hate the idea of Kenna going after her, since I know now how she is, but I'm just glad that Kenna is safe and this is all over with.

Stella can go to hell where she belongs.