Needing Time to Think

The next morning was a lot worse.

I thought it was all a dream when I woke up as the sun was shining through the window. I thought that I just had a really bad nightmare, but of course it was real.

I noticed the time on the clock next to my bed. I sigh as I didn't care if I was late or not. I wasn't going to school today.

I couldn't see her.

After getting up and using the bathroom, brushing my hair, I went downstairs to fix something to eat.

I wanted pancakes.

Staring at the box for five minutes, I was very confused. Shrugging it off, I started making the batter and mixing it other.

Grabbing the pan and placing it on the stove, I made sure I had everything I needed.

I waited for the pan to get hot enough so I can start pouring the batter on it.

After the pan was hot, I started pouring the batter onto it and watched it spread onto the pan.

I made pancakes a few times before, not a lot. I'm not a fan of them unless I really want some, and that was this time.

After flipping the pancake and placing it on the plate. I poured some more batter then heard a knock on the door.

I quickly ran to the door and opened it, seeing Charles standing there, smiling. "Good morning."

"What are you doing here?" I ask as he walks in and I shut the door.

He turns to me. "Since you're skipping school, I decided to do the same thing." He smiles. "Is that cool?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "But you don't have to."

He shrugs as we walk into the kitchen. "Pancakes!" I laugh as I walked over and flipped another one, then placed it in the plate.

After getting all the pancakes done, I placed the pan in the sink then walked over to the table with the plate.

I watched Charles place three pancakes on his plate then poured chocolate syrup all over them. After he was done, he smiles at me then cuts into the pancakes and takes a bite.

I roll my eyes as I sit down with him and start placing some pancakse on the plate.

We mostly ate in silence, until Charles wipes his mouth and looks at me. "How are you?"

I look at him. "What do you mean?"

He sighs. "Have you talked to her?"

Shaking my head, I cut into a pancake. "Nope. I don't want to talk to her."

"She might explain, Kenna. You can't just assume the worst."

Shrugging, I took a bite then saw him staring at me. I took a sip of milk. "I just need some time."

"How much time?"

Sighing, I shrugged. "Not sure."

After we ate, we sat in the living room, laughing and throwing pillows at each other. We were watching Spongebob, but we got distracted when a commercial came on.

"You are an idiot!" I throw a pillow at him but he ducked.

He laughs then grabs it and hits me across the face. Thank God it didn't hurt. Glaring at him, I got up and tried grabbing the pillow but I heard a knock on the door and it made me fall over the end of the couch.

Charles started laughing as he went over to the door and opened it. I stood up and watched as his smile faded when he opened the door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

He looks over at me before moving out of the way for Georgia as she walked in.

We made eye contact and I froze as I stared at her. Charles looks at me and mouths 'I'll be outside'. After that, he shut the door and left us.

I stood there as she walked further in then stopped. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

She looks at me for the longest time before speaking. "I wanted to talk to you, Kenna. You didn't exactly give me time last night and you never answered my texts or calls."

Staring at the floor, I shrugged. "There's nothing to really talk about, Georgia."

"Yes, there is." She sighs. "Kenna, I can explain."

"Then please do." I said as I looked at her.

"Ok.." She sighs. "Stella came over last night and we were just talking."

"About what?" I ask.

She rubs the back of her neck and I knew what that meant. "Just things. She kept bugging me about how she missed me and all this shit." She sighs, rubbing her temples.

"What else?"

She looks up at me. "What?"

"There's something else but you're not telling me." I continue to watch her. "What aren't you telling me?"

I watched as she sighs then messed with the ends of her shirt. "I didn't mean to, Kenna." She whispered.

"What?"

She looks up at me and I could see sadness in her eyes. "We kissed but I wasn't thinking and it didn't mean anything. It happened so fast and I was confused but I quickly pushed her off."

I sat here listening to what she was telling me. I could see that she regretted it but something else was in there.

Something that she didn't want to admit.

"Ok." Was all I said.

"Kenna-"

I shook my head. "I don't want to talk anymore, Georgia. I know you're keeping something else from me, so I'm gonna have to ask you leave." I look at her for a moment. "I don't want to see you right now."

Not long after that, we started arguing. She was yelling at me, begging me not to do this.

How sorry she was and just screaming with tears in her eyes.

It didn't phase me.

I kept trying to push her out the door but she kept pushing me back, not allowing me.

I was getting fed up with this shit.

"Kenna, please!" At this point, she was crying, holding onto my arms.

I couldn't look her in the eyes. I just needed her to leave as quickly as she could before I break down crying.

Charles came running up to us and I told him that she needed to leave. He tried helping her to the car, but she kept pushing him back and running back towards me.

After minutes of screaming, she finally left. I sighed as I shut the door and l leaned against it.

Charles kept asking what was going on, but all I could do was break down crying.

I didn't know what to do at this moment.

All I knew was that I needed time to think.