Falling Into Her Trap

"I have my gun. You have yours?" Charles ask as soon as we parked the car across the street where the old abandoned building was.

Walking across the street was a totally different type of fear. We knew Stella was in this building, for whatever reason. We made sure she was still here after we went to Kody yesterday.

Kody said today that she was still there. Gave us the information as far as her being in here.

I was super nervous but I didn't want that to stop me. I needed to be prepared for whatever was waiting for us.

"The front door is locked." Charles tried moving it but it ended up making so much noise.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him away. "Maybe there's a back door."

We walked around the building, looking around until I saw a back door. I walked over to it and sure enough, it was unlocked.

Looking at Charles, I smiled then walked in. Charles slowly shuts the door and I look around at how creepy this shit looks.

I saw a staircase and walked over to it before Charles grabs my arm. I look towards him as he was watching me. "Stay with me." He held his gun.

I made sure mine was in my back pocket then we walked upstairs very cautiously. We made sure not to make any noise as these stairs were super old and any noise would echo off the walls.

My heart was pounding as we kept walking up the stairs, stopping when we heard a noise, then kept walking.

I don't know what was worse, the fact that my heart was pounding from my nervousness or the fact that I had to pee and now was not the time.

We walked all the way to the sixth floor, which was where she was. We came to the room that we knew she was in and we both looked at each other.

"Whatever happens," Charles whispers. "I love you. We're in this together. Don't go crazy."

I nod as he held the door knob then slowly turns it before aiming his gun in front of him before walking in. I followed behind him as we walked into the room and I slowly shut the door.

Charles turns towards me. "Why did you shut the door? We need an easy escape."

Oh shit.

I turned to open the door but it was locked. The door knob wouldn't move at all. I look back towards him and I could see fear in his eyes.

I looked around the room for a moment then started walking around, slowly. I grabbed my gun in my back pocket as I looked in the kitchen but saw nobody, then looked in the bedroom but nobody was here.

This place was a dump.

"Please don't tell me that's blood." Charles whispers.

I took to where he's looking and saw a dark red spot on the floor. I look back towards him and that's when I saw Stella standing in the corner, aiming a gun.

"Charles watch out!"

As soon as I said something, Stella fired her gun but luckily we both ducked in time and didn't get hit. I stood up and aimed my gun at her as she was doing the same.

"Drop your gun, Stella!" I yelled.

She walked closer to us then stops. "What the hell are you doing here? How did you find me?" She kept aiming her gun at both of us, but was watching me the whole time.

"Why are you taking money out of Georgia's bank?" I ask.

She tilts her head as she stares at me. "Why the hell would I do that?"

I held the gun tightly in my hands. "Because you're a crazy bitch. Plus, you're her ex."

She shook her head and smiled. "I wouldn't do that to Georgia. Not because I know her bank information and that she never took me off of it from when we were together."

"She would have took you off years ago. Plus, she said she didn't know who was taking money out."

She smiles as she looks at me. "Let me guess.. you're back together." She rolls her eyes. "Typical Georgia. Always taking someone back."

"Don't listen to her, Kenna." Charles says.

Stella shrugs. "Yeah, don't listen to me. Don't listen to the girl who's been with Georgia longer than you've known her. Don't listen to someone who knows every inch of her body. The way she smells. The way she tastes."

I shut my eyes trying to drown her out. I knew she was just trying to get inside my head and I wasn't going to let her.

"Face it. I know her more than you, so whatever I say.. don't listen to me." She clicks the gun back.

I took a deep breath and looked at her. "Stella.. I don't wanna shoot you. I really don't. But you have got to learn to-"

She starts laughing. "Oh please. You could never shoot anyone, Kenna. You're just a kid. You don't know anything. You think y0u can come in here and make me listen to what you have to say? You think I'm going to do that?" She smiles. "Maybe I knew you were coming to find me. Maybe I knew that you would end up with Georgia again, and she'd notice her money was being stolen from her bank. She'd complain about it, confused on who was doing it." She waves the gun around before looking at me. "Then you.. Sweet, stupid, naïve Kenna would be like, I need to figure this shit out. I need to find out who is taking money because Georgia is upset about it." She rubs her chin before laughing. "Then you'd somehow find me but I lead you here all along.." She smiles at me. "So I can kill you."

"Wow.. you really are fucking crazy." Charles says.

Stella looks at him then back at me. "So, what do you want to do Kenna?"

I watch her for a moment. "I want to know what your problem is. Why do you want to kill me? What did I ever do to you? I don't even fucking know you. I have never met you in my life."

She makes a noise with her mouth before looking up. "That's the thing.." She looks back at me. "Mentally ill people can't control any emotion inside of their body. I've went through so much pain and suffering when I was little. Georgia was the first girl to ever find me attractive in every way. She loved me for me. Even if she didn't truly know me."

"Ok, so what-"

She aims the gun at me. "Let me finish. Anyways, I tried killing her when she broke up with me. I even tried killing myself. Shit like that... it gets to people like me. When I saw Georgia with you that day in the mall, reality struck me after all those years of forgetting about her. I knew that I had to have her back, but of course something.. had to be in the way." She rolls her eyes. "I thought that if Georgia talked to me, maybe she'd realize that she still wanted me but God if she didn't fucking talk about you so fucking much. She talked about you like you put the fucking stars in the sky and that made my little illness kick in. I pushed myself on her and when she didn't push me back, I knew that I had her mind controlled. Too bad it didn't get as far as kissing.. But after all those times in therapy years ago, I controlled my illness. Then, it all came back when I saw you with her."

"Stella.. listen.. I understand what you're going through-"

She shakes her head. "No you don't. Nobody knows what I go through. Not even Georgia. My mind is a complicated thing to enter." She stares at me with no emotion in her eyes. "Sorry it had to be this way, Kenna."

I shake my head. "It doesn't have to be this way, Stella. You can get help. There's people out there that are willing to help you."

"Maybe I don't want help. Maybe my problem isn't my illness. Maybe it's people taking my happiness away."

I look over at Charles as he was staring at her. I knew he was just as confused as I was, but there wasn't anything to do.

Talking to her was useless. She was very dangerous person and I think we made a huge mistake of falling into her trap..