Chapter 9

As Sarah finally finds Derik, an emergency call comes over the radio for him. He turns around and they are standing face to face. They both seem like they are frozen where they are. Jason looks at Derik seeing as there is no way he is going to be in the condition to take care of what happened on the field.

"I am on my way. " Jason calls on the radio. "Titan is currently indisposed."

Derik takes one step forward to see if she is real and it seems to be true. Both of them have tears running down their eyes. Sarah comes running into his arms and holds him tightly. It takes a moment for Derik to register this as he is still in shock that she is even here.

He grabs onto her as tight as he can. All he keeps thinking is "I am never letting you go." Derik just still cannot believe she is here but picks her up off her feet and spins her around in his moment of pure joy."I cannot believe you are here in my arms. I missed you so much Sarah. I am sorry that I didn't tell you. I love you Sarah Meadows.." He saw with tears covering his face. "I am never letting you go again."

Sarah seemed to agree with that. She was not letting go anytime soon. She was crying into his chest out of joy and sadness. She could not believe she got to see him. She looks up at him with a whimper.

"I.. thought, you had given up on me. I thought you were going to leave me for Jason." She says hysterically.

"Truth is I tried, and I just could not do it. You never left my head. I would not abandon the thought of us. Where have you been? Why did you leave?" Derik seems curious but he just does not really care about the answer.

Sarah looks at him, then thinks back to PacWar.

"You see. I was on my way to feast and a man walked up to me. Before I knew it He covered my mouth with something and I was out. I woke up in this cabin. It was supplied with everything I needed to live for months." Tears start to run down her face again "The first two months no one visited. The only thing that kept me going was to see you again. Suddenly this guy shows up and starts talking about how you had moved on with your life. Then the pictures of you and Jason. You guys.."

Before she could finish that sentence Derik kisses her. Though the passionate kiss lasted for a minute, it felt like an eternity to them. When Derik backs his head away, he holds her tight with one hand on her head.

"It's okay. It's not important now. You are back with me. We will get to the bottom of this." Derik tries to continue.

Out of nowhere Jee Hae comes screaming at Derik.

"First you abandon me for her. Then you choose Jason, then her again even after not seeing her for four months. I am done with this." Jee Hae pulls something out of her pocket and throws it on the ground.

As she throws it Derik grabs Sarah, putting him between her and Jee Hae. Derik looks at what was thrown to see a rock. When he picks it up, there was a broken quartz crystal inside. Derik stood there for a moment before he gained the courage to speak.

"Em..Em.. Emily?" Derik says stuttering at the craziness that just happened.