Chapter 4

The sounds of kids playing all around keep Brandon pretty alert. In a restaurant with playrooms, lots of game machines and very loud music, he is sitting there in a green golf shirt and drinking some water waiting for something. Looking around he sees many families eating pizza and enjoying their time.

He seems a little more nervous than usual, looking towards the door every couple minutes then to his watch. It's a Wednesday afternoon and rather than being at work he is sitting here. He allows himself to relax as he sees the paracord bracelet on his arm. His nervousness goes away as he remembers the first kiss him and Derik shared together.

He is startled out of it as he is enveloped into two kids that are screaming "daddy". He smiles as he grabs them tight. Looking down at his blonde haired green eyed girl, in an emoji t-shirt and his brown haired brown eyed son with a red cars t-shirt on. He lets them go and kneels down to their level.

"Did your mom just drop you off?" He says to them.

"Yeah, she had an appointment to catch." The little girl responds.

"You guys go play and I will go order the pizza," Brandon says to them.

"Okay!" They both respond as they bolt for the playroom.

Brandon walks towards the cashier as he watches them. He cannot help wonder how they are gonna handle their dad dating a guy. If he wants to be happy, he is going to have to tell them. After he orders his pizza from the cashier, he makes his way towards the playroom to watch his kids play.

There was nothing like watching them be kids that made him feel young and happy. Almost as happy as being with Derik, so losing them was not an option. They seem to be toying around but playing well together chasing each other like brother and sister.

"Heylee, Devin, be careful" He calls out looking at the buzzer waiting for food to be done.

It was honestly now or never. He was going to have to tell them and figure out when the best time to introduce them to Derik was.

"Guys, come down here to the table, please. " He yells out for them as he exits the playroom to go sit at the table.

Heylee and Devin come towards the table as Brandon takes a drink of his water. They sit down across from him as they look wondering where their food is.

"Dad if the food is not here, why did you have us come down?" Devin asks.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you guys about something. I know it has not been easy since your mom and I split up. I know your mom is seeing someone currently," He swallows, " and I wanted to talk to you about someone I was seeing."

The kids seemed confused for a second as they looked at each other and spoke in some weird speech. Brandon looks at them as Heylee looks at him.

"So, who ya seeing?" She smiles saying it playfully.

"Well, the thing is, your dad is seeing a guy he met named Derik." He says slowly.

He was expecting a lot of questions if not a weird response from the kids. He had prepared for the worse of Heylee just crying and not stopping. Haylee reaches in her pocket as Devin puts his hand in the air. She slams a piece of gum in his hand.

"Told you," Devin says to Heylee.

"Does this have anything to do with you being a girl, dad." Heylee Inquires.

"Wait what?" Brandon responds thrown by what she just said.

"Yeah, Mom told us. It's not like we are nine dad. We are almost twelve. Besides, there is a girl in our class who is like you." Devin responds