Epilogue

It's been five years since the events took place that resulted in Sarah's death. Her loss is still felt by those who were close to her. Mystic rivers has lived on and grown. It was 2 years before Derik trusted anyone with his heart.

Now is the time that happens every six months in any Amtgard kingdom. A new set of leaders take their roles and move the kingdom into a new era. Like every reign before it the populous chooses the person they best think to lead their kingdom for the next six months.

However this Coronation event had some special meaning for the populous. After not going to an event in the past 5 years, Derik finally showed up. His heart may have not mended but his life has moved forward.

The feast hall is bustling with people chatting and talking. The current Monarch of Blackspire is at the head table as well as the other officers. The group from Mystic River is sitting in the middle of the room with Derik and Jason. They seem to be talking and celebrating.

After food is served and everyone is seated, the current monarch stands up to address the crowd. This short man, who had a beard braided like a fantasy dwarf, starts to speak in a high-pitched animated voice.

"Ladies and not ladies of the realm. My time has come where I must turn my crown to someone else. I know, I know. The kingdom has a set of laws that says I must turn it over in two terms. However I feel that the person who is going to replace me is going to do wonders with the kingdom.

For a majority of you, introductions are not needed. However for those few who do not know him I must say you are missing out. Titan came to Mystic River with no knowledge of LARPing except what he seen on the movie badassdom or something like that.

Now 6 years later he decided to lose his mind and take the office of King. Anyway. Lets Welcome him as the new King of Blackspire. Come on up Titan and claim your crown."

Titan gets up letting go of Jason's hand. He takes off his leather circlet and sets it on the table. He smiles as he looks at Jason walking up the middle of the room as everyone is applauding him. He kneels down adjusting his white belt not to land on it.

The crowd becomes silent. The King pulls off his crown and places it on Titan's head. Titan then stands up as the previous king walks away from the area. He turns around and backs up.

Jason at the table makes a joke as he yells "Speech" and then the trend happens. Everyone starts to yell speech to him. Titan makes a gesture trying to get everyone to quiet down.

"Okay. Okay. I do not know what to say. Umm. I became King because when I declared for office, everyone else backed out of the running." He shifts his eyes back and forth "This does not mean that I will not do a great job. "

He looks at everyone in the room. His attention turns to Jason as he smiles. He then pulls something out of his back pocket hiding it behind his back. He looks towards the ground and smirks.

"As you know, on this very site, five years ago a lot of us said goodbye to a good person. Many of us still feel the sting of what had happen because we witnessed it. This day was a tragedy. However, three years in the making and with approval of two very special people, I would like to make this day a happy day."

At that moment a teenage boy and girl walks into the building and Derik smiles. They stand behind Jason and then Derik nods saying something in a gibberous language. They pick up Jason by the arms and he struggles a little trying to figure out what's going on.

"Wait what.. Are you doing." Jason says as he is being escorted up to Derik.

Derik smiles as Jason is lead directly in front of him. The two teenagers back up and stand there as if they were meant to prevent Jason's escape. Derik turns to Jason and laughs.