Chapter 2

As the next Saturday comes along, Derik is on the field constantly looking for Sarah to show up. Derik ignores Jee Hae's attempt to vie for his attention. Derik walks around the park greeting people as he does every week when he notices someone different in the roleplaying group.

Sarah was standing there talking to someone. Derik stood there entranced by her green drawstring corset covering the white shirt underneath. He was impressed at how put together it was with the long dark yellow skirt. Derik did not expect the garb she came in with. Jee Hae watches Derik as his attention seems to be on only Sarah.

Derik walks away from the group hoping that Sarah did not notice him. He walks over to his car thinking about how long it has been since he put on roleplay garb. Opening his trunk Derik has a flashback to a car door shutting as the car speeds off. The flashback then pans over to a swing in motion but empty. His memory shows a rock that is only half and inside the rock is some quartz crystal.

After the crystal shines from the sun, Derik's trunk is open and he grabs another tunic which was distinguished from the one he was wearing by the crown shapes on the trims of the tunic. In the trunk, there is also a circlet made of leather with some ruby stones that shine, but too well like it is manufactured.

When Derik grabs the crown, he notices in the corner of his eye the rock he saw in his memory. He looks at it for a moment as Jee Hae is behind him.

"That's pretty, where did you get it?" she inquired

Derik quickly shuts the trunk after getting his garb "Never mind that. Did you need something?"

Jee Hae scoffs at the question and starts to walk away. She looks back at him and responds to him in a sarcastic manner "I never need anything from you."

When Derik pulls off his fighting tunic, he reveals that he has very little muscle tone. His arms and chest muscles are not prominent but he does have small washboard abs. He then puts on the new roleplay tunic as well as his headpiece. Derik looks over towards Sarah wondering if she might give him a chance.

Walking over towards the roleplay group he is startled by his name being yelled from across the field. He looks towards the voice to a female in fighting gear. He blonde hair was tied up in a bun, her tunic was muddy as if she rolled around in the dirt. Derik waved her off without another thought, finally getting to the area with Sarah.

Derik walks up to Sarah as she is talking to Jason. She watches as Derik approaches and grabs the sides of her skirt to curtsy.

"M'lord," she smirks. To her, that seemed a bit silly.

"Titan, you are looking well today," Jason starts in character as Ulrik.

"I am rather well, who is this enchanting beauty?" Titan responds.

Illiandra seems to blush at the sound of that. She goes to speak but nothing comes out.

"This is Illiandra, I was just getting to know about her. Would M'lord care to join us in our little chat?" Ulrik looks at Titan more inquisitively.

Jason goes back to a week before when he first met Illiandra. He could not help but think that there was something odd. However to him today nothing seems off but it is still bugging him.

"If you do not mind sweet Illiandra. I would love to chat with you." He responds to Ulrik with his eyes on Illiandra.

Illiandra seems to be having a great time with the roleplaying. Ulrik's eyes wander from Titan to Illiandra while they are talking. Ulrik's face twitches for a moment as he finally remembers what he figured out yesterday. Looking at Titan, Ulrik realizes that it would fall on deaths ears if he had said anything. Without a word, Ulrik slips out of the conversation and finds someone else to talk to.