32

"Hey, can we talk?"

I looked at him, I knew this guy.

He held a flyer and his hands were shaky. "I heard you are good in leading things, so I wanted a female to help us out."

"In?"

"Their is a festival, we need an ambassador who could lead girls."

"What I can help you with?"

"Registration and all."

"This looks tiring but I always help the needy."

"What is this?" Jess asked me.

"It is a festival."

"Cool! We are going?" Jess was happy.

I nodded.

I sat under a shady tree, I regret my decision, it was a tiring job. I sat there for hours doing endless registrations. I was exhausted.

My phone hit up and I saw.

"Working hard?" Zen texted.

I flipped the screen downward.

"Do you ever smile." He texted again.

He looked at me with his head down.

I looked at him and he smiled.

Again that killing smile.

I lost senses, forgot that I was exhausted.

The corner of my lips lifted, I smiled back. My hands were sweaty, and I was nervous.

He stood infront of my desk, he was doing just random things, but he was like a shinning sun. That I had wish to burn myself in. No matter how many times I told myself this is wrong. It will just hurt me.

I couldn't hear myself, it was just. The strong heart beat and his smile.

People were at my head, asking me questions and he disappeared, maybe he felt I ignored him.

I went home after a long day. Threw myself  on the bed and I closed my eyes.

What a pretty smile. His face flashed in my memories.

My phone hit up and he sent me a song.

"I use to hear this, for a long time."

"Fire on fire?"

I sighed. Does he do this with the rest of the people too? I don't want him to treat me like the rest.

"So is it Tomorrow?"

*******

Today, I put an extra effort in everything, expecting good things from life is greed. My heart was pumping loud. I didn't know why.

I was at the gate, I wanted to see myself before the festival.

It was almost the time 5pm. I walked up to the restroom.

"Put this up too. Izzy."

This is what my heart was pumping for. So they have a date.

My heart started sinking, I wanted sometime alone. Just looking at them makes me feel, broken.

The festival was at the lake side.

I was wearing blue, I had little makeup on.

"Blue suits you, you look pretty." Tim said.

"Thanks," I replied.

"You can enjoy! I will handle the rest."

I looked at the cloudy pink sky, the sun was setting by the lake, I was walking with the tracks the lanterns were lit it was a perfect set up for a romantic date.

I closed my eyes. "We have to let go of things that do not belong to us in anyway."

"Naomi?" I turned. "Oh hey senior!"

"What are you doing here alone."

"Having some me time?"

"You tell?"

"Nothing, just bored."

"Can we take a walk?" She asked.

I nodded.

We walked holding hands, it reminded me of a sister I had. How she would tell me. "Naomi, remember that if life is being too harsh, just smile."

People always came to me, they would tell me about their problems it was sad, that I had no one.

"Look at them!"

I saw Zen and Isabelle, walking shoulder with shoulder.

I felt arrows piercing my heart. Men is something. He tells a girl she is special, throw a flower at her and then when she falls in love, he sits back and enjoy the sip from the cup of her tears.

"Look, fireworks are about to start."

  You are lucky Isabelle a cause brought you closer to him he cares for you and now that he had married you. I wish you the best of luck. It must be a memorable day, looking at the fireworks and fireflies with the man you love.

Atleast, someone has her love.

Next time if someone gets me by giving me the words "you are special, I will break his jaw."

He was always there when she needed him, he came here for her. When I invited him he made excuses knowing that I was anticipating it. Why was I such a fool. In order to give him happiness I suffered. I expected too much, I looked at the moon. The moment I walked in his den, I have been in pain, telling myself one more day, one more excuse, he has been using me as an option, he could just reject. Giving me hopes is even bitter.

I know I should walk away. But if I did, I want to make sure you are happy. Sweet ache inside my beating organ, and salty tears riled up in my eyes. So many times I asked myself why can't I give up on you?

I want to find that guy who was once a crazy lover. The more I look for him the more these sides of yours hurt me.

"Naomi?" Zen looked at me.

I wiped my tears. As I faced him.

"How is your date going with your wife?"

He looked at me with a blank face.

"The marriage never took place." He faced the lake.

The moon reflected on the lake, that's the kind of reflection I wanted, if we see the lake we could see the glow of the moon.

"My answer?"

"There is something in my heart." He whispered.

"Isabelle will be going soon." He said in a sad tone.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him, eyebrows coiled in tension.

"Just, she won't be continuing here."

"Looks like it's going to rain." Zen murmured.