42

"Jess?"

"I want to give him a surprise, he is always the one to give me."

"You are always doing so much for him and he puts not even half much the effort. Sometimes, I think, if he is even fighting for it. What are you planning?" Jess raised an eyebrow.

"Just come with me."

I was excited, nervous and uneasy, my heart was trembling. I had a weird feeling. My lips were dry and my stomach was empty. 

I was listening to songs and I hummed along with them, if he cannot come, I can come. I kept imaging his shocked face.

"He will make this face. A surprised one, perhaps a shocked one if not, then a happy one."

 "And what if he is disturbed?" Jess asked." 

"I will think about it later."

On entering the premises I kept telling Jess.

"I'm so nervous, even my wind pipe seems to be having problems with the breathing."

"It will be alright."

"Did you had breakfast." Jess asked.

"I ate nothing since last night, I was too excited and nervous."

"Let's find the cafe." Jess asked.

"I don't feel like eating."

"You are coming and I'm  not hearing anything else."

We went to the cafe. I met an old friend. We hugged. "What a pleasant surprise!" She looked at me. "What brings you here?"

 "I am here for my man." I said shyly. 

"Lucky guy. Show me!"

"You have folder full of his pictures." She teased me.

"I have seen him, with this girl. They both are always together. My friend is their friend she said that they both confessed they are together!"

"Oh look, there they are." she pointed. "Are you sure he is the one you are looking for?"

Zen and Matilda were walking infront of me. Zen was walking close to her, he smiled at her. My heart jumped inside my mouth I felt the pain of betrayal once again. 

I recalled the image of him and Isabelle now it was him and her, My heart was ripped and I could feel it, every thing that was happening in my heart, the flowers dying the rainbows disappearing, my world shattering. My legs were so weak that I had to grab the table for support this time I could not hold my tears. They oozed out in front of everyone. No one has ever seen me ever cry but this time it felt like something died in me. I was not sure what. 

If I was him and he was me, what would he call that? First shock was, what on earth Matilda is doing here? Now I recall why her friends were mentioning Matilda over and over again. Second was not shock but a heartbreak.

"I looked at Jess crying."

"Why Jess? Why he did it to me. I never had the courage to hurt him." Tears rushed out of eyes. Jess wiped them.

"I will not hold back, give me his number!" Jess was mad.

"Leave it Jess, I am not worth anything. I am not attractive so he would prefer them over me no matter how much an ugly person gives her love she will never be comparable."

"Give me his number!"

...

"If I ever meant anything to you, you will give me his number!"