65

"I'm sorry!" Matilda said with teary eyes. "I wish I had never taken you with me." Zen said disappointed. "About that Bazel, are you sure he will invest?"

"He is a billionare, a name in bussiness industry everyone knows. He started at the age of sixteen."

"There is kind of an unspoken pain in his eyes." She said biting her lower lip.

"You had the time staring in his eyes?"

"Though his eyes are very unique." Matilda smiled. Zen looked at her. "What kind of women you are?"

"A sassy one?" She posed erotically.

***********************

"It's been weaks Naomi. Don't ask what I am doing. He stared at her phone. I managed to open it. I look at your pictures and I feel this suffocation this pain I had never felt before. The frame that I see everyday it is missing. The picture of our childhood that I have kept safe in our memories, it stings. People forgive and forget. The pain for me is too much to forget. First time in his life, a tear escaped his eye. "What is this?" he looked at the tear drop at his finger tip. I'm not crying, he smiled. It's okay to cry! Naomi would've told him that.

His phone ringed. "I know I sound too direct, but things are good?"

He stared long at his phone. He could've guessed the anonymous sender.

"Yeah! you are right! I lost someone I swore to protect."

"Sorry to hear that! you see when we are away from God, he creates situation for us to come to him, so he can hear us, help us."

"I believe that's true."

"Usually people ask about who the anonymous person is."

"By the way you speak you are a girl and as long as that person is being nice to me, I don't care."

"I will tell you who I am."

"It's alright!" Bazel replied.

"Every thing about you is just?"

"Thankyou!" Bazel replied.

Matilda smiled. Her husband was sleeping next to her. She peeked timely. She wasn't cheating but her husband was hot headed. She tapped on her screen. After two years she had dreams about having a different life. Mistress of a billionare, a man who treats her like her queen. She wondered. What kind of someone he had lost. She blushed, it's easier to get close when the wounds are fresh. "I'm doing this for my husband." She lied to herself.

*****

"We need to do some grocery." Matilda looked at Zen.

"I am busy."

"We have run out of things."

"If you can't go, then let me go."

"Alone?" Zen glared her.

"What do you want then?" Matilda rolled her eyes.

"Okay!" Zen said shuffling through his files.

Matilda picked her bags and left, it was like she had been waiting for it.

I need to get some spices, proteins and veggies for Zen. She read things from the list. She pulled the trolley but it was hard as it was stuck.

"Mind if I help you?" She turned to the voice. "You?" She smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Matilda looked at Bazel.

"I wanted to buy some stuff." He looked at her.

"Shall we go together?" Matilda looked at him. "I am saying that, I just heard you came from Australia and.."

"If your husband is okay with it."

"Nothing bothers him." They both walked next to each other like moon and stars.

"Here it is" Bazel and Matilda's hands landed on the same thing. The slightest touch tickled her heart.

"I'm sorry!" Bazel looked the other way. Matilda enjoyed the little blush on Bazel's face.

"So you don't have anyone in your life?" Matilda asked.

"People come and go its all about the effort you put to keep them stay."

Matilda smiled. "What? Was I sounding stupid." He scratched his head.

"You are a gentle men!" She replied.

"Do you want to grab lunch with me sometime?" Bazel asked her.

"Lunch will be hard how about dinner?"

"Sure." He smiled.

An hour and they both did shopping together. If only Zen treated me better. I had dreams, he was too busy to care for.

Two days from now, Zen was going to Africa. "Should I invite him to our place or we should go out?"

Zen looked at her as he cuddled her. "Things will be better, I promise." He kissed her forehead.

**********