4

As they walked down the aisle trying to find their seats, MJ asked. She had been observing her since they had met at the airport and she hadn't been acting at all like herself. "Jess, are you okay?"

The platinum blonde girl looked at her with a paler face than ever. "Yeah, I just..." Her voice sounded shaky and MJ frowned confused by her friend's behavior. "I've never been on a plane before. I didn't think I would get nervous but..."

"You mean to tell me that" MJ sat down on her seat. "you can fly, you wear a suit with propellants that make you fly faster and you've been to space but you're scared of getting into an airplane?"

Although Jessica didn't enjoy their odyssey to space, MJ was right. It didn't make sense. She had nothing to be afraid. But she still was, the thing about phobias is that they are irrational and she had discovered her just moments prior to getting into the plane.

Jessica sat down next to her. They were sitting next to each other in the middle row. Next to Jessica was still an empty spot. "Was that supposed to make me feel better or worse?"

MJ was not the one who answered her. "Don't worry. Nothing will happen to you." Flash left his things on the shelf over their seats. "This is the safest transport there is."

"What are you doing?" Jessica's voice came out in a higher pitch than usual as she watched him sit next to her.

"Sup' Stark?" He smirked. "This is my seat. Looks like we'll have more than enough time to bond over this trip."

She blinked twice before getting up straight away. She almost tripped with Flash's feet when she tried to get out to the aisle. She got on her tiptoes to find Peter and once she located him, she rushed to get to him.

"Okay, is there any way one of you could switch places with Flash?" She had interrupted the conversation he was having with Ned, sitting next to him. "I really don't want to spend eight hours next to him."

"Don't worry, we have a plan." Jessica thought he had been really fast to come up with that.

Ned looked at him hurt and incredulous. "What happened to our plan? American bachelors in Europe?"

"American bachelors in Europe?" Jessica raised an eyebrow, making Peter panic.

"No! That's his plan, that's a solo plan." He pointed at Ned, trying to disassociate himself from his friend's idea. "I have a plan! With you."

"What I need now is a plan to escape from being trapped in this flying box with Flash."

"I'll make up an excuse and we'll sit together." Peter simply said.

"You know? There's a way to be together without excuses."

Before any of them could say another word, Mr Harrington called Jessica out. "Jessica, go back to your seat."

"Do something!" She mouthed to Peter and very unhappily made her way back next to Flash. If Peter's plan didn't work, at least she was still seated next to MJ and they both could ignore Flash together.

"Hey guys, umm..." Ned walked to them a few moments after Jessica had sat down again. "There's an old lady seating in front of us wearing a crazy amount of perfume and it's kind of setting off Peter's allergies. Flash, if you could switch seats with him..."

"He's allergic to perfume?" Flash coughed out a laugh and looked at Jessica expecting her to agree. "What a dork, right?"

She didn't even bother to look at him.

"Yeah! It makes his eyes water and he can't really-" Ned tried to stick to the plan, but Mr Harrington, once again, intruded the conversation.

"Peter's got a perfume allergy?" He asked really concerned. "I tell you from experience, perfume allergies are no joke!"