5

The plane finally landed and Jessica was anxious to get out of there. Their first stop was Venice, the city of canals. Jessica had always wanted to go there. She had always thought it was a beautiful city. However, she was most excited about their next destination, Paris. She wasn't going to let that preference eclipse the other stops, though. She was decided to enjoy every single moment of the trip.

"Do you need help with that?" Brad asked her without leaving her time to answer. He took down Jessica's suitcase from the shelf above them. Usually, Jessica would have been proud and refuse any type of help. But she knew that Brad had only done it with the best intentions.

"No, I didn't but thank you, Brad." She honestly thanked him. They walked together out of the plane and into the airport, there were so many people she was afraid one of them could get lost. She saw how Brad's gaze quickly switched to MJ when she passed by before getting to the customs check. Jessica began her part as a match-maker. "You should go and talk to her."

"What should I talk about?"

"Tell her about the depressing movie we saw on the plane, she loves those." She had to admit that she hadn't enjoyed that one as much as the comedy one.

"Okay." He smiled and took a deep breath. "Wish me luck."

Once he left, Jessica made her way towards Peter. He was talking to Ned underneath a screen that changed images, first showing a landscape of the city and then displaying a piece of artwork in memoriam to Iron Man. His lost had made a global impact and she could see that.

Ned saw Jessica walking towards them and waved at her but instead of greeting her, her boyfriend just made a petty comment. "Did you have a good time with Brad?"

"Actually, yeah." She struck back. The look Peter gave her was a mixture of surprise and jealousy. Two could play this game. But she didn't want things to be bad between them two, so she decided to reassure things to him again. "I told you not to worry about him. I'm more concerned about Flash."

"What?" Peter's voice sounded like it was the first time he'd heard about that. He sure had noticed that Flash was trying to get with his girlfriend, right?

"Hey, babe." Their heads immediately redirected towards Ned and Betty. "Can you hold this for me, please?"

"Yeah, of course." Betty gave him a peck on the cheek after he took the bag she handed him.

Jessica and Peter put their argument aside to share a questioned look between them. That was something else.

"What was that?"

Ned cocked his head sideways and gave them a dreamy smile. "Well, we actually got to talking on the plane and it turns out we have a lot in common. So, um, we're boyfriend and girlfriend now."

Jessica's jaw dropped. Peter was still bewildered. "Whatever happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?"

"Peter, those were the words of a young boy. That boy met a woman. A very strong, powerful woman and now, that boy is a man." His answer left Peter speechless.

Jessica, on the other hand, was glad for their friends. At least someone would take advantage of all the romantic opportunities of the trip. "You know what, Ned? I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, Jessica."

"Babe?" Betty called him and he responded without hesitation.

"Coming, babe!"

He left them without even looking their way. They were an odd couple, she never would have said that they would end up together but at least they looked happy with each other's company. "Looks like at least they are going to enjoy a romantic vacation." Jessica sulked under her breath and started walking, still resentful.