19

By the time Jessica arrived at the Stark Industries facilities in New York, she was worn out. She had drained all her energy into using her powers to fly across the Atlantic ocean. She made it, though, not knowing how many hours had passed.

She landed on the roof, where usually the helicopters would drop off, feeling as disorientated as ever. She ran inside the building desperately looking for a familiar face. She was lucky enough to find Happy with a bouquet of flowers, but after Beck had played his mind tricks on her, she didn't even know if she could trust what she saw.

"Happy!" She yelled and the man turned around. "Is that you?"

"Jessica?" He was surprised to find her there. "Of course, it is me. Why wouldn't I be me?"

"Tell me something only you would know."

"Okay, let's see..." As he could see how distressed the girl was, he didn't ask her why she needed that. "For Morgan's fifth birthday I brought a lot of cheeseburgers for all of us and she ended up eating all of them." He finished. "Then she got sick for three days."

That alone could have counted as proof, but Jessica wanted to be thorough. "What brand of cheeseburgers?"

"Burger King."

"Okay... It is you." She sighed relieved and dropped her arms to her sides, exhausted. She walked in Happy's direction and gave him a much-needed hug.

"What happened?" The head of security asked as he returned the embrace.

"Oh, Happy..." She buried her face in his chest, getting his tie wet with tears. "It's all so messed up. We messed up bad. Mysterio attacked us. He hates me, he's after me. And I don't know where Peter is-"

"Hey, hey, hey." Happy interrupted her. She was beginning to talk very fast and she was on the verge of sobbing, so it was really hard to understand what she was saying. "Stop, calm down. Where's Peter?"

"I-I don't know." She answered while trying to hold back her weeping.

"Well, when was the last time you saw him?"

"In Germany. In Berlin." Jessica said, a bit calmer than before. The more she told him, the sooner they would find Peter. "We were supposed to go to the Europol but it was a trap."

Suddenly, Happy's phone rang. When he looked up the screen to see who it was, he didn't recognize the number. What's more, he knew it wasn't from the country. Jessica saw it two and her first reaction was disappointed that it wasn't Peter. 

"Yes?" Happy answered and Jessica could hear the other person replying from the other end.

"Hey! I messed up, I need a ride."

"Is that him?" She said with an alarmed expression. "Give me the phone!"

Happy knew that the girl wasn't stable enough at that moment to take charge of the conversation. He backed away from her when she tried to get the phone out of his hand. He did put it on speaker so she could hear better, but not before placing his index finger over his mouth to tell her to keep quiet. "Peter! Where are you?"

There wasn't a quick reply. For a few seconds, the only thing they could hear was Peter's muffled voice talking to somebody around him.

"Broek op Langedijk." When he finally replied, Jessica and Happy looked at each other.

She didn't even believe that was a real name. "Did he just sneeze?"

"Did you get that?" Peter asked through the phone. Happy nodded.

"I got that. We'll be there ASAP." He hung up and looked at the concerned girl. Maybe that would help her feel better. "He's in the Netherlands."