6

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to stilesholland and MerakiMeg because they're the best and they show me so much support ❤️ Hope you enjoy the chapter! 

____________________________

They spent the rest of the day wandering around Venice. Jessica was accompanied by MJ and Brad and was actually having a good time with both of them. She really liked Brad as a friend. He was funny and kind. She could see why almost every girl went after him.

Peter was nowhere to be seen. Jessica tried to not look affected by that but from time to time, her travel companions would ask if she was fine because she looked like something was bugging her. Even though she knew why Peter was acting so distant, she couldn't help but feel hurt. Was it so hard to tell their friends they were together? If someone started to suspect about Peter's secret identity, they could deny it. Make something up. Jessica could say that she knew Spider-Man's real identity and that it was someone none of them knew.

But apart from that, the day was going great for Jessica. When they were in the Piazza di San Marco, she had asked Brad to take a picture of MJ and her when a pigeon flew over them and stood on MJ's shoulder. Then another one came and did the same on the other. Soon enough, her friend was covered in pigeons and Jessica and Brad couldn't stop laughing about it.

"Okay, I've had enough, guys..." She said, not laughing anymore. Brad still took pictures of her. "Jessica, can't you do something to scare them?"

"Sorry, MJ." She shrugged her shoulders. "I've promised *the teachers* I wouldn't use my powers. It's just a safety measure."

"Well, there goes our friendship." She said. "I only liked you because you have superpowers."

"Wow..." Jessica placed her hand over her chest and pretended to be touched by MJ's words. "Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't a hundred percent sure that you liked me."

They all laughed at Jessica's reply. Brad handed her his camera and finally helped MJ with the pigeons, scaring them away from her. Jessica took advantage and looked through the pictures he had taken. She thought they were really good.

"Hey, Brad!" They heard some of their classmates call him and after checking with the girls, he left with them.

MJ turned to Jessica. "Do you want to explore? I've learned this new word: 'Boh'. I don't know what it is, but I want to say it to someone to see how they react."

"Sounds fun." She smiled. "Let's go."

While strolling by a canal, a man walked up to them and tried to sell them a rose. He asked in different languages, to get them to understand him.

"Boh." MJ said while holding her hand up. The man looked at her with an offended yet priceless face. They could not keep the laughter from coming out.

"Are you sure it's not an insult?" Jessica asked, drying up a few tears that had formed in her eyes.

"For all I know it could mean 'I don't know' or 'get out of my face'. Or 'I don't know' and 'get out of my face'." MJ shrugged her shoulders. "That's it. I'm calling it. That's my superpower."

Jessica laughed even more. Her stomach was starting to hurt. "I'll start getting your admission into the Avengers ready."

"Is that Peter?" MJ finally said and Jessica stopped laughing. He had just turned the corner across them while carrying a little bag. She called him and made him turn around. "Peter!"