Chapter 11

When Kalifa said I would be accompanying Kaku, I presumed I was required to help. Clearly, that wasn't the case, I ended up just sitting on a crate watching Kaku do his job as he didn't let me help him. He was still in eye stream as he worked at the interior of the ship. What was I doing? Well, just sitting. It was the most boring thing on Earth if I have to admit.

"Kaku!" I screeched from the crate. His posture didn't change as he kept working.

"What do you want ?" he says after a moment of silence.

"Are you 100% fucking sure there's absolutely NOTHING for me to do?" I pressed. "I mean you won't let me help so it beats the fact I have to accompany you when I'm not doing anything,"

He stands up tall peering towards the city, a fence was what separates us the folk of the city of water. He puts a plank of wood on a stand.

"Well you can go tell that guy over there not to come waltzing through this way," He points to figure running to the knee height fence.

"Fine, then. I'll do that," I hopped off the crate and pat the non-existent dust off me. "Pinnochio," I snided under my breath.

I walked towards the knee-length fence and I see a guy about to jump over it, he was wearing a hat so I shoved it back so he was back behind the fence.

"Only employee's at this stage," I say sternly. He looks up at me, studying my face. His scar... under his eye... His brown eyes. 

It's Luffy.

Oh my. I turn away and have my back facing him, I hold my hand up to my mouth covering it.

"Oh okay, I think I know you miss," He asks. Why is he still here? I was so sure he was off, I mean I'm here for a reason. I shake my head, turning around. He blinks, taking a chance to stare at me before I shove his hat down to cover his eyes. The two members from his crew finally joined him carrying two briefcases each. They arrive and put them down, puffing furiously. It looked like they just ran a marathon.

"No, no that's ridiculous I've never seen you, sir," I lie, keeping a grip on the rim of his tilted straw hat. He's kept it till now, I'm not surprised. But I assumed he'd already given it back to Shanks. Luffy struggles under my grip on his hat, 

"I insist, now let go," His hands reach upwards, crawling up his hat. He grabs my hands and starts picking at my grip.

Crap, hahaha. How do I get myself in these situations? This was just great. Four pairs of eyes are on me. Dang it, his crew.

"Oh, it's the girl you know from before, Luffy. I didn't know she worked at the shipwright company," says the curly-haired one. Oh dammit, I let go of Luffy's hat. But what I still knew that Luffy still was holding my hands tightly. I get my grip out of his hands as he pulls my hands back.

"Y/N?"

I stiffen. What should I do?

"Y/N? Why do you keep running from me?" He says I kept my face from his gaze. But I already knew he knows it's definitely me.

The ginger-hair, I could see her from the corner of my eye looking at me like I was more than what I looked like. Which was true. Kaku senses my "distress". He locks eyes with me and I mouth to him.

Get your ass right here, right now. My eyebrow twitching tightly.  He shrugs walking over to me, Luffy looks up to see Kaku and his eyes widen.

Kaku looks like the curly hair man next to Luffy, except Kaku here has a rectangular nose, which is clearly not rounded. Kaku hands me a folder and I cover half of my face with it.

"Usopp?" asks Luffy staring at Kaku. His gaze rests back on me. I shove the folder higher as I open it. Pretending to inspect it as I avert Luffy's persistent gaze.

"No! That's not Usopp dummy! He has a rectangular nose, can't you see that?" injects the Ginger-haired. Thank god Kaku is a distraction, the guy called Usopp slaps Luffy, trying to reason with what Luffy is seeing. I silently chuckle. The ginger hair hands me a letter which I quickly scan and pass to Kaku.

"Oh its a recommendation letter from Miss Kokoro of the Shift Station," he says, I look over his shoulder. Luffy's crew want a repair? Luffy's face appears under the paper and startles me as I turn away.
"We'd also like to see Mr Iceburg too," the ginger hair adds, putting the heavy looking briefcases down for the second time. Kaku nods, handing the letter back to her. She puts it away in her pocket.

"How old are you?" he says. Kaku eyes down Luffy.

"23," 

Hey,

Here it is, enjoy. Comment & vote if you like. Thanks for reading my writing.

~levis_angels_123